News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopars down on Bar/Jackson auction?

Started by Kevin68N71, August 04, 2008, 09:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin68N71

Interesting...saw both a Road Runner (1970) and Cuda (1970) 440-6 pack cars, very nice, only got into the $60s.  There was a Challenger 4 Sp 440-6 that went for $95k.  Keep in mind these are high quality cars.

On Ebay, only 2 1970 Road Runners even sold over the last several days of auctions, out of 20, one was a taken-apart mess and one was just a mess with no engine and rotted everything.  Nothing else met reserves.

Of the 30 1970 Cudas, only 7 sold.  One guy had a buy it now on his 70 Cuda of $200,000.  Yeah, good luck, although he did get BJ Auction bids on it, if they were real at all.

For those who paid $150K for these level cars at auction a few years ago, this is bad news.  Of course, if you hang onto them long enough....meantime, will they even want to drive them?

The market sure continues to soften.
Do I have the last, operational Popcar Spacemobile?

bzabodyn

Basically means it's a great time to drive the sh^t out Mopars and worry about them ten years from now...

Just my  :Twocents:

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

drodg

From people in the know the muscle car market has certainly softened.

suntech

Could also be that peoples taste changes?  :shruggy:
The XV Charger got sold for 205 K last week. I might be totally wrong, but i am just thinking as time go by, just maybe the customer group is leaning towards other values than matching #, completely stock looking, with an ultra rare color combo? ( some of the ultrarare color combos are ultra rare because of the fact that not many people liked them, and ordered the car with them anyway).
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Drache

then there are people who are like me and just want certain things! Im totally fine with a base charger with a 383, auto, and a rattlecan paint job. Thus why I bought the Aspen that you see in my sig! It's not worth anything but its fun to drive and will be hell on wheels once its done!

Doesn't mean if I won the lottery that I wouldn't buy a charger with a HEMI (real or crate) just for have a hemi car. Actually I'd probably buy a '71 R/T or Superbee before a 2nd Gen HEMI or maybe out a crate hemi under the hood of a Superbee! Anyways I just want the car to drive, not as an investment!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Big Lebowski

Quote from: Kevin68N71 on August 04, 2008, 09:31:50 PM
Interesting...saw both a Road Runner (1970) and Cuda (1970) 440-6 pack cars, very nice, only got into the $60s.  There was a Challenger 4 Sp 440-6 that went for $95k.  Keep in mind these are high quality cars.

It's all relative to the waves of the up's & down's in life. I once paid $1500 for a complete '70 Charger R/T 440 Six-pack, and believe me, back then I wouldn't pay more than $400 for a Charger. Sure houses were $150k back then, but the madness ended at $500,000...Now that $500,000 house is back down to $360,000 or less.
                Charger prices will go back up & then come crashing back down when the Commie liberal environmentalist whackos turn off the gas pumps & get their Global Warming (Kyoto treaty for those of you in Rio Linda) agenda ratified. So enjoy burning rubber while you still can. Nostradamus & the Mayans said you have untill Dec. 21 2012 to get it out of your system, so go for it.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Brock Samson

Ghoste

2012?  How could the Mayans know that would be the year for the new CAFE standards?  I could see Nostradamus knowing it because he was a vision seeing phenomenon but the Mayans?  Weren't they just a bunch of drug whacked jungle freaks?  :icon_smile_wink:

69_500

Quote from: Ghoste on August 05, 2008, 12:29:01 PM
2012?  How could the Mayans know that would be the year for the new CAFE standards?  I could see Nostradamus knowing it because he was a vision seeing phenomenon but the Mayans?  Weren't they just a bunch of drug whacked jungle freaks?  :icon_smile_wink:

I couldn't see Nostradaumus seeing anything other than the inside of a cloth and dirt. Having read up on some of his predictions, I can't see how anyone can say for certain that any of them ever came true.

Ghoste

Didn't you watch any of those end of the world programs in the dark days at the end of the last millenium?  Nostradamus was the poster boy for that doomsday as well.

69charger2002

the moral of the story is don't buy a $100k car to hold on to for retirement. buy them and enjoy them for what they are.. DRIVING automobiles.. i never understood the trailer queen concept anyway
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

moparstuart

Quote from: 69charger2002 on August 05, 2008, 08:41:47 PM
the moral of the story is don't buy a $100k car to hold on to for retirement. buy them and enjoy them for what they are.. DRIVING automobiles.. i never understood the trailer queen concept anyway
trav
with you there brother i drive the hell out of my cars  :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

One of my all time favorite bumper stickers are those ones that say "If You See This Car On A Trailer, Call 911 Because It's Been Stolen".

Big Lebowski

"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Big Lebowski

Quote from: Ghoste on August 05, 2008, 12:29:01 PM

Weren't they just a bunch of drug whacked out jungle freaks? 

Well ya, but I think Hemp (Chronic weed for those of you in Rio Linda) actually came later from Spain, Anyway, the ancient Mayans decided that the Earth's calender ends on Dec. 21 2012. And by some strange coincidence, Nostradamus also said that the Earth is going to have a bad day on Dec. 21 2012.

What all of this has to do with the Mopar Barrett/Jackson prices?   Absolutely nothing.  :D

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

konigcharger

Quote from: drodg on August 04, 2008, 10:36:57 PM
From people in the know the muscle car market has certainly softened.

who are these "people in the know"? is my 10 year old nephew on of them? cause i'm pretty sure he could have figured that one out. :shruggy:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Mike DC

Nostradamus wasn't smart enough to tell us to stock up on '71 HemiCuda converts 40 years ago. 

Skyview69

Quote from: Drache on August 04, 2008, 11:38:39 PM
then there are people who are like me and just want certain things! Im totally fine with a base charger with a 383, auto, and a rattlecan paint job. Thus why I bought the Aspen that you see in my sig! It's not worth anything but its fun to drive and will be hell on wheels once its done!

Victory is sweeter when you drive a beater  :2thumbs:

Dodge Don

I track every 70 Charger listed on EBAY to track prices and the good cars are still fetching good money like usual but what I have noticed are two new trends. There is a huge jump in the number of base models being sold now (these don't fetch the R/T or 500 prices) and there is a huge jump in the number of clapped out junkers being sold. I'm not sure why but looks like guys with the rusted out hunks of junk are deciding on mass to get rid of them....projects never completed, rust buckets...many can't even sell for $2k they are so bad. But the well restored cars are still fetching top dollar.

WingCharger

Quote from: suntech on August 04, 2008, 11:26:59 PM
The XV Charger got sold for 205 K last week. I might be totally wrong, but i am just thinking as time go by, just maybe the customer group is leaning towards other values than matching #, completely stock looking, with an ultra rare color combo? ( some of the ultrarare color combos are ultra rare because of the fact that not many people liked them, and ordered the car with them anyway).

If what you say about the rare color combos being in high demand, how come the only survivng big bad orange AMC rebel machine is sitting in a field in New Mexico? Will post pic later.

Big Lebowski

Quote from: WingCharger on August 08, 2008, 03:20:02 PM
Quote from: suntech on August 04, 2008, 11:26:59 PM

If what you say about the rare color combos being in high demand, how come the only survivng big bad orange AMC rebel machine is sitting in a field in New Mexico? Will post pic later.

Simply because in New Mexico, it's considered rare art. They like them rusting away right where they sit. I know all of this, because I spent a summer building an Adobe house in Las Vegas, New Mexico. Those folks there are really different, lets just say the Indian Sheriff smoked & past around (at a bar) whatever he confiscated from the two young folks passing through to Colorado. :cheers:

triple_green

Those mopar prices look like the value of my 401(k) account.....way down. :icon_smile_angry:

Guess you should be into either of those things for the long run....
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)