News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paintless dent repair

Started by ottawamerc, March 13, 2014, 03:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ottawamerc

Hi guys

After a small emergency (interior fire) I accidentally put a small dent in my drivers door, smaller than a dime. Has anyone ever tried the paintless dent repairs and any success? The dent is just above the lower body line on the drivers door. It is small but looks massive to me :'(

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

69chargerboy

I seem to have it done on my daily driver about once a year due to douche bags that my park next to me.... I have a local paintless repair guy who does great work. I can't tell where the dent was after hes done. But be careful, not every place that provides that service knows what they are doing. It may be difficult job since the metal on our Chargers are heavier than modern stuff.... Check out this link to youtube. Larry from AMMO NYC and the DRIVE network show you step by step how the dent removal is done properly. I love all of Larrys videos, you learn a lot.   :cheers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=undb6jVC3-Q&list=LLYsa8SOy3TkoxI5D17s1u-w
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

ottawamerc

Thats awesome thanks 69chargerboy.

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

Dino

I have done this on my own cars over the years, learned from a master at it.  It's really hard to do on this thick steel but if you have good access and not a lot of bondo around the spot it may be doable.  You'll need to over push it a bit and then drive the high spots back with a nylon hammer or nylon rod + normal hammer.   :icon_smile_big:  Sand it smooth and polish it out. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

john108

A local guy repaired a door ding in my Honda, about the size of a half-dollar.  I can't find where the ding was. (Sacramento, CA)