News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New to the board...pics of my Charger

Started by CharcoalCharger, July 31, 2008, 03:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharcoalCharger

Hello everyone.  I'm new to this board.  I got my '70 Charger back in June.  I talked to a few people on here at Carlisle.  Here are some pics from the day I went to check it out.  I knew the guy had this car and didn't drive it.  I was only half serious when I ran into him at a car show, and asked about the car and if he was willing to sell it.  I was quite surprised when he said he would.

I'll post more later of after we washed it.

Blown70

NICE.

What are the details, engine, etc.... :popcrn:

Charger1970

Sweet! That looks like a real nice find. More details please.

And don't forget to check out
www.1970Chargerregistry.com

:cheers:
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

JPL

How much, if you don't mind me asking?

4speed

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69*F5*SE

Brock Samson

yeah welcome, that charger looks pretty neglected,..
looks like that rear no name tire "spartan"? is way low on pressure...
i haven't seen clasic centerlines on a car in ages,.. instant retro.
cool!  :D

1969chargerrtse

Very nice. Thanks for posting pictures and welcome.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

CharcoalCharger

Alright guys, here are the details.  Originally a 318/904 car, it now sports a 440/4spd.  Everything looks to be done correctly.  The steering column, pedals, shifter hump...everything looks good.  It has an 8 3/4 rear, but the owner wasn't sure of the ratio...possibly 3.23. The body work was done in the early to mid '90's when I first saw the car.  I don't need trunk floors or any of that.  I do need to get some parts rechromed.  I ended up behind him at a stop sign my senior year ('93) of high school.  About 2 or 3 years ago I learned the owner is the friend of a friend of mine.  This past June while at a car show, I asked if he was interested in selling.  The car currently has seat covers from a Coronet. 
   I'm going to pull the 440 for a rebuild, and go with the Six Pack setup with the original style steel painted valve covers etc.  I'm going to put the charcoal seat covers with the black dash, headliner, carpeting etc.  I think I'm going to leave the AM radio in, but have that guy from Carlisle hook it up so I get FM and CD.  I want the car to appear stock, or as I could have possibly ordered one.  Right now it has the regular clock with a tach mounted on the column.  I'm going to go with a tic-toc-tac.  Currently there is no console, so I think I'm going to go with a buddy seat.  The only other thing is a possible repaint to Charcoal Grey Metallic, black vinyl top, and black tail stripe.
   The car was slighted neglected.  It was in a dry, locked garage.  It hasn't been on the road since '03.
   As for the tires they are going to get swapped for a set of Magnums.  My Dart Sport had the same wheels (Cragers) on it when I bought it.  Now I have two sets.
   The owner wanted to make sure I got the car.  His dad wanted it and told this other guy.  They were both after him to sell it to them.  He didn't want to sell it to them because he knows they won't restore or take good care of it.  I was showing him and his wife one of my cars at our friend's party, and she even said to sell to me before selling to his dad.  He has seen my Darts and knows I appreciate these cars.  Nice guys don't alwaysfinish last.   I paid $8000.
   Thanks for the comments.  I'm already on 1970Chargerregistry under the same name.  Thanks again.
   Here are a couple more pics.

Charger-Bodie

Thats Awesome!! And I like you're line of thinking on making it as stock appearing as possible !!

Thats also my favorite way to do them.....Make it look as right as possible even if its completely wrong! (to the tag)  :2thumbs:

Oh and by the way, Welcome!!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

rt green

looks like a nice start. glad you got it.
third string oil changer

BROCK

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

charge-it

That`s a great score, and glad it went to a good home! My first Mopar back in 1976 was a 1970 Charger R/T, b-5 blue paint, b-5 blue interior, black vinyl top. 440 4 barrel, console 727 auto, 4:10 dana 60. I`ve been searching for one ever since and to this day I either find real nice cars for more than I could afford to spend or rusted out hulks that need more work than I`m willing to do. I settled for a real decent 68 and that`s not a bad thing. The only other thing I would change on the interior of your 70 would be to add a correct big old pistol grip shifter. Welcome to the board! Lots of great folks here with more advise and information than anywhere else for our Chargers!  :cheers:
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

CharcoalCharger

Oh, absolutely!  That was one detail I failed to mention...it will get a pistol grip!  :drool5:  I might even go with the overdrive trans.  The other upgrade I'm going to make is to add power disc brakes on the front. 
   Well charge-it I hope you find your '70 R/T someday.  I thought about it the day the previous owner and I first talked about me purchasing her, and I just knew I had to have this car.  It's just as Charger_Fan says on the '70 Chargerregistry site, "Congrats on landing a car that's been burning in your memory for years. "   :icon_smile_big:

G-man

Quote from: charge-it on July 31, 2008, 09:00:25 PM
That`s a great score, and glad it went to a good home! My first Mopar back in 1976 was a 1970 Charger R/T, b-5 blue paint, b-5 blue interior, black vinyl top. 440 4 barrel, console 727 auto, 4:10 dana 60. I`ve been searching for one ever since and to this day I either find real nice cars for more than I could afford to spend or rusted out hulks that need more work than I`m willing to do. I settled for a real decent 68 and that`s not a bad thing. The only other thing I would change on the interior of your 70 would be to add a correct big old pistol grip shifter. Welcome to the board! Lots of great folks here with more advise and information than anywhere else for our Chargers!  :cheers:

I tend to get more 'advice' and 'information' for 'our chargers' on cuda-challenger. Here it seems i just get a smack in the face for asking or get ignored and when I do get a reply its totaly not relivant to anything I had asked.

Anyways, nice charger, hope you get it how you like. Nice colour to start with.

FlatbackFanatic

Welcome, nice car, good luck on the resto.
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

JPL

Quote from: CharcoalCharger on July 31, 2008, 06:27:03 PM
   Alright guys, here are the details.  Originally a 318/904 car, it now sports a 440/4spd.  Everything looks to be done correctly.  The steering column, pedals, shifter hump...everything looks good.  It has an 8 3/4 rear, but the owner wasn't sure of the ratio...possibly 3.23. The body work was done in the early to mid '90's when I first saw the car.  I don't need trunk floors or any of that.  I do need to get some parts rechromed.  I ended up behind him at a stop sign my senior year ('93) of high school.  About 2 or 3 years ago I learned the owner is the friend of a friend of mine.  This past June while at a car show, I asked if he was interested in selling.  The car currently has seat covers from a Coronet. 
   I'm going to pull the 440 for a rebuild, and go with the Six Pack setup with the original style steel painted valve covers etc.  I'm going to put the charcoal seat covers with the black dash, headliner, carpeting etc.  I think I'm going to leave the AM radio in, but have that guy from Carlisle hook it up so I get FM and CD.  I want the car to appear stock, or as I could have possibly ordered one.  Right now it has the regular clock with a tach mounted on the column.  I'm going to go with a tic-toc-tac.  Currently there is no console, so I think I'm going to go with a buddy seat.  The only other thing is a possible repaint to Charcoal Grey Metallic, black vinyl top, and black tail stripe.
   The car was slighted neglected.  It was in a dry, locked garage.  It hasn't been on the road since '03.
   As for the tires they are going to get swapped for a set of Magnums.  My Dart Sport had the same wheels (Cragers) on it when I bought it.  Now I have two sets.
   The owner wanted to make sure I got the car.  His dad wanted it and told this other guy.  They were both after him to sell it to them.  He didn't want to sell it to them because he knows they won't restore or take good care of it.  I was showing him and his wife one of my cars at our friend's party, and she even said to sell to me before selling to his dad.  He has seen my Darts and knows I appreciate these cars.  Nice guys don't alwaysfinish last.   I paid $8000.
   Thanks for the comments.  I'm already on 1970Chargerregistry under the same name.  Thanks again.
   Here are a couple more pics.

Wow $8k, that's exactly what I'm looking for! I know there out there.......Congrats!!

Big Lebowski

Cool '70 dude, price is nice, and it looks pretty straight.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."