News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Beware of Selling to this EBay member!

Started by moparnation74, March 27, 2014, 08:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparnation74

Back in January of this year I sold a restored date coded charger jack and base to an Ebayer Handle barra29 in Dover, NJ.  The Following Friday after shipping the item USPS labeled in their tracking system, Notice Left.  That Saturday I got an email from the buyer asking to check into the item because he never received a notice and there is no package here.  I advised him to call Monday to follow up.  The response I got from him was the post office was checking into it.  So I called and spoke to the driver who stated to me I never leave a notice there, I deliver to his place all the time, he described the package fully and where he left it on the porch.  The package was insured and you had to sign for it or pick it up if unavailable.  Can you imagine, now the jack is gone, lol.  

Most believe this is a slam dunk call the postmaster there and get a refund.  By far not the case.  Got my postmaster here, consumer affairs here, driver admitted fully, and the end result is to file a claim and wait.  I filed the claim to speed up the process 30 days went by and it was initially denied because of the notice left in the system.  The problem is when you file an initial claim they don't allow you to describe the situation.  The next step is to file an appeal which is where you can describe your case.  It is a way for the USPS to keep from paying claims because of the wait and frustration of the process.  I always kept the buyer up to date on this process.  Before the claim got denied the buyer was contacting me to check on the status and at that time I had no updates and told him he can check anytime with the tracking number he has.  He also wanted to buy another jack from me once this is resolved for his car.  Then it was denied I sent him an email stating that and the reason and I filed an appeal.  He never understood the why it was denied and why it takes so long.  I advised him call the post office or ebay and confer to the whys that you question.  I should have bought a jack locally instead of online.  At this point I told him once the claim is resolved and I get the refund I will remit you what you paid!  We kept going on and on and what he was trying to get me to do was to issue a refund immediately.  However, in the beginning he understood that this was a process and had no problem waiting.  I said to him I have driven to two post offices here, contacted several times the dover branch, spoke to consumer affairs, kept you posted bi weekly, ebay stands behind me because everything on my end was done correctly and not to issue a refund, what more do you want me to do?  I said call the post office or ebay for further clarification.  

Guess what he does!  Issues a claim through ebay for a refund.  As soon as I got that email I called ebay and in five minutes they retracted his claim, no questions.  Then an hour after he was notified he sent me an email basically saying issue me a refund before I decide to leave feedback!  Imagine that!  Now at this point I have an eerie feeling of this situation.  So I go on ebay type 69 dodge charger jack and guess what I see.  My restored jack mechanism with a different colored base and included a lug nut wrench.  In the image you can see the date code letter F for June which was the same as mine.  However, in all is other items he lists that never get bids by the way the other ads with jacks have part numbers and date codes!  Except for this ad so under a different handle I email him through ebay, what's the date?  He responded but would not answer.  I texted him from my phone so he knew which state it was calling him and he would never answer.  I was trying to get him to pull the listing to display more guilt on his part which he did, lol.  Believe me the appropriate authorities from federal to state have been notified.

Aero426

What is the name of the person on the other end? 

moparnation74

bill440rt

FYI, this might be the same guy who posts on NJ Craigslist:

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/pts/4362207408.html

And welcome to DC.com!!   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

moparnation74

Bill,

Ty, for the warm welcome!  Wish it was under different circumstances.
That is the same guy he is from dover, NJ and that is his phone number.

ODZKing

Gotta watch these people on EBay I'll tell ya!
My wife recently sold an item, new in box but opened.
Long story short, buyer sent back an email after receiving saying this is not new in box. He wanted some cash back because it was not as described ... which it was.
We always take pics of everything. I told her to have the buyer send the entire thing back on his nickel and we would issue a refund minus shipping because it was "as described" and just because he was not happy with his purchase, that was what EBay instructed us to do.
Never heard back. Shame on him, he overpayed, realized it when he received it and decided he wanted some of his money back.  Sorry!
:slap:

Oh yeah, welcome!

sanders7981

Shady fu*kers!  Hope it works out for you.  Welcome to the site too! 

TUFCAT

:2thumbs: Welcome to the site! Sorry to hear that, but thanks for sharing.

One thing you'll notice about us... we absolutely hate cheats, scumbags, liars, scammers, and crooks!!

You'll fit in here perfectly! :icon_smile_wink:  

Homerr

Welcome moparnation74.

What a crappy deal, just have to wait for karma to catch up to this guy.

Tilar

Quote from: Homerr on March 27, 2014, 12:04:48 PM

Or somebody with a baseball bat.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Indygenerallee

That's why I quit selling on Ebay.... too many damn crooks
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

69rtse4spd

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 27, 2014, 11:19:33 AM

One thing you'll notice about us... we absolutely hate cheats, scumbags, liars, scammers, and crooks!!

And slimy, egg sucking, weasel Dick's. And welcome also.   

tan top

Quote from: Homerr on March 27, 2014, 12:04:48 PM
Welcome moparnation74.

:yesnod:

hello & welcome  MN74   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

squeakfinder

Quote from: Indygenerallee on March 27, 2014, 06:02:54 PM

Like Feebay itself for instance.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

bill440rt

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on March 27, 2014, 07:32:29 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on March 27, 2014, 11:19:33 AM

And slimy, egg sucking, weasel Dick's. And welcome also.   

C'mon. Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.  :smilielol:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

fy469rtse

Yep I'll testify to that , all good guys on here, welcome to the site,
Egouge has made it harder and harder to purchase bits , thank god for the guys on here and similar sites, put in and help and you will get the same back
Oh and we like photos and build threads etc ,

hatersaurusrex

Hadn't used ebay for years, then recently bought an MC2100 for my Jeep to rebuild.   Carb was in OK shape overall, but when I opened the butterfly inspect it, the right side one was covered in deep scale rust that had damaged the flap itself as well as the arm and screws.  So I email the guy and ask to return it, and he lectures me about how cheap baking soda is and how I obviously had never rebuilt a carb if I didn't expect that.  He also tells me how rare and hard
to find the MC2100 is, which if you know Fords you know that's total bullshit. It may be the most common Carb they ever produced.

I told him the only way to fix it was to buy a second Carb as the arms aren't reproduced and by then Id be out more the cost of a brand new one.  He never responded.   I'll probably trade it for something at a swap meet because I don't want to start a feedback war with him over 60 bucks.

Don't think I'll be using ebay again unless I get a recommendation on a seller I can trust. 
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

bill440rt

Most of my transactions on eBay have been, for the most part, pretty good. Maybe I lucked out, but if there were any problems the sellers I bought from were very willing to make things right. Check their feedback, if they have any negatives be sure to read them. Read their "fine print", & if there are any unknowns ask questions before you bid/buy.

Only time I really had a bad experience where the seller misrepresented an item & dicked me out of money was a purchase from a member on Moparts.  :flame:   Last I heard he is no longer a member on there.

hemi-hampton

I'm a little slow, so can you tell me. Was the guy selling your jack on ebay the same guy that said he never received it? :shruggy:  LEON.

Steve P.

Quote from: Indygenerallee on March 27, 2014, 06:02:54 PM

Same here..

Welcome to the crew!!  :cheers:

The wife and I had sold many items over many years on EPAY with 100% great results. We had a few issues over that time also, but through having our "STUFF" all in order and learning from many people on here, we were able to do pretty well. We sure have had some scammers try to pull one on us though. I purchased a set of 11" backing plates and new drums that came in a box too small to have been 11". So you could tell without ever opening the box. I set a tape measure across the box and took a picture or two of the yet unopened box. Then open it to find 10" plates and used drums.

Ebay was 100% on our side, but they wanted us to pay to ship the stuff back before they would return our money. I sort of went off... I explained that this person had sold hundreds of MOPAR ONLY items. He was a big seller and had 3-6, (I forget now), bad marks against him and all of those were the same situation I came into. That was over a very long time.. I sent them pictures of the drums that had rust around the centering hole and lugs. Then told them to look at hiss description. The next pic I sent was with my tace across the drum reading 10". Then I pointed out another item number he posted with him showing many pics with measurements. Epay called me back a little while later and told me they were going to return my money and pay me back my shipping. Then I asked what to do with this crap I didn't want or need. They said to hold onto it for a while and see if I get a check for the shipping back to him.. This was the second time I had a set of 10" plates sent to me saying they were 11" plates...

I think people believe that they can rob you due to others NOT wanting an argument.

To this day I still have 10" brakes on the rear end.. lol....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."