News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

$390 for a new B Body Front Disk Brake conversion?

Started by 69chargerboy, July 28, 2008, 01:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerboy

Has anyone had any experience with this kit sold on eBay? It looks very basic, and easy to assemble. I really wanted to buy the high-end Wilwood or Baer brakes, but $1500+ right now isn't very affordable, I don't really see the need buying the high-end kits. I'm going to drive the 69 Charger to a few local shows, Carlisle and the Nats every year.  I think I may buy it. Any reason why I shouldn't buy it?

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230274224770&rd=1
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger-Bodie

thats the kit I used on My Charger , I have no complaints. :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Corellian Corvette

looks like the same parts that came with my MP Brakes kit.

Of course that assumes that you already have a disc-brake booster (my understanding is that the existing single-diaphram booster won't work), as well as the correct Master Cylinder and prop/distribution valve for disc/drums.

So I guess I'm saying I'm not sure how complete it is - but in terms of the disc conversion at the wheels, it looks nice.

1BAD68

it looks like this kit that I've been considering...

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/3793,961_Mopar-Disc-Brake-Kit.html

1hot68; how was the fit on that kit? Was it complete?

astat1

I have been close to hitting the button for that myself. Rotors alone are $234 apiece from NAPA. Are the rotor shields supposed to be scalloped like that or are they supposed to be flush?

BROCK

Later model sheilds are "scalloped".  I just got in a pair of 71s that are smooth.  What does it matter
if you are deviating from stock anyway?

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

astat1

What wouldn't be stock about replacing the rotors and calipers with this set up? I  buy NOS or correctly numbered repro parts when possible, but replacing a factory disc brake cars rotors with repros isn't deviating from stock.