News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need placment of sail panel emblems please.

Started by Ryan, July 21, 2008, 11:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

Hi, can someone please help me. I filled the holes for my sailpanel emblems before I painted my 69 charger, well now I decided to put on a vinyl top and I want the sailpanel emblems. Does anyone have some measurments for me so I can drill some holes?
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

Dave22443

The easiest thing to do might be to go inside the trunk area to find the holes from the back side.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Ryan

Thats doable, but you cant drill from the inside nor can you mark the outside from the inside.

2014 viper TA

Dave22443

OK,  I went out and took some measurements of my emblems in their original holes.

Measuring from the "C" in Charger, the bottom of the "C" is 1 and 3/8 inches above the vynal top trim.
Measuring from the the drivers side, the leading edge of the "C" is exactly 3 inches behind the most trailing edge of the window trim.  Same thing for the "R" on the passenger side.

Let me know if you need more and I'll see what I can do.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

fastback

Can you post a picture of your emblem on the car so that we can see the measurements you took.
Thanks

Ryan

those measurments were perfect. Thanks. I holes I drilled came right through the welds for the old emblem holes.
     Thanks alot!

2014 viper TA

Dave22443

- Abraham Lincoln