News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

67 Barracudas

Started by Chatt69chgr, July 15, 2008, 06:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

Hey guys.  I know this isn't about a Charger but I asked these questions over on For A Bodies Only and didn't get an answer.  I know folks on here are interested in more than Chargers so here goes:

I found someone that that has three Barracudas. One is a 67 fastback formula S car w/o original engine. Now has 318 and auto. I think it has 8-3/4. Second is a 67 Notchback with 6 cyl pretty much bone stock with no options. The third is a 67 convertible. Engine has been changed to later small block. All are auto with steel wheels. Little rust in bottom of rear quarters. Stored in a basement and interiors are mouldy. But the cars are all there as it were. So the convertible and the formula S are not orginal anymore but they have not been messed with other than the engines. I did notice the Formula S fastback had the upgrade steering wheel and power drum brakes. None had air cond. Paint is still on all of them. Trying to get a ballpark idea of what cars like this are worth in todays market. I don't have any idea of which is more sought after. Seems like I have seen the fastbacks used as drag cars a lot. Are the notchbacks rare? What about convertibles? Thanks for any info.

rav440

in todays market id say $2500-$3000 for all 3 togather  :shruggy:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

69charger2002

the convertible should fetch that alone. but the other 2 won't bring a terrible amount of money.. fastbacks are worth more than notchbacks as a general rule. i have seen some pretty nice 67-69 notchbacks for under $7k on moparts.. i'd say those 3 may be worth 6-7k combined. guessing of course based on description and my limited knowledge and seling experience with them(i have a 69 fastback project now, had a 68 notchback not long ago pretty solid only got $1500 for it, and just sold a nice 67 convertible barracuda for $10,800)
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

craigandlynda

buy all 3....years from now, you'll be glad you did.

Mefirst

I also think you should buy them if you have enough space for them. Id love to have a 67 or 68 Barracuda.. I also believe that those cars in a few years will be worth a nice amount of money...

/Tom

bull

Quote from: rav440 on July 15, 2008, 06:56:06 PM

Wow. That would be a helluva deal. I'd say that's about 1/3 what they're worth all together but I'm no expert.

paironines

I'd say the fastback and convertible are pretty close in value with the notchback bringin up the rear.  Personal preference...I'd take the fastback over the vert any day.   I have no idea what they are worth. Probably 6-7k if in average condition.

TheGhost

Ha!  The notchback will be worth about 2-3k, and it'll be the cheapest of the bunch.

The fastback, was it a 273-4 car, or was it a 383 car?  Big difference in value.  If it's the 273, I'd say about 5k.  Fastbacks are worth more than the notchs, as there are fewer of them, and they're more popular.  If it's an original 383 car, I'd say about 8-10k, since it doesn't have the original engine.

The ragtop could be anywhere from 7-12k from what you describe, depending on the original engine.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

KMPX2

Need more details and photo's

rav440

Quote from: TheGhost on July 16, 2008, 02:24:57 AM

Ha!  The notchback will be worth about 2-3k, and it'll be the cheapest of the bunch.

The fastback, was it a 273-4 car, or was it a 383 car?  Big difference in value.  If it's the 273, I'd say about 5k.  Fastbacks are worth more than the notchs, as there are fewer of them, and they're more popular.  If it's an original 383 car, I'd say about 8-10k, since it doesn't have the original engine.

The ragtop could be anywhere from 7-12k from what you describe, depending on the original engine.

from the discription  the 3 BARRACUDAs they need restored or a good going over  :shruggy: , the notch back is a 6 cly car the FS FB isnt the original motor nither does the vert

like i said in the market today . being prices are down they are not going to bring that much , just because someone is asking Xamout of $$$ for a car dosent mean they get it or its worth as much as they want . not that EBAY is a price setter but is is a guide for pricing ,  do a completed listing search for the 67s 68s & 69s . they arent bring a ton of money .
so i stand on the price of $2500.00 - $ 3500.00 for all 3 in the condition as described  :slap:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

TheGhost

Quote from: rav440 on July 16, 2008, 08:03:53 PM
Quote from: TheGhost on July 16, 2008, 02:24:57 AM

from the discription  the 3 BARRACUDAs they need restored or a good going over  :shruggy: , the notch back is a 6 cly car the FS FB isnt the original motor nither does the vert

like i said in the market today . being prices are down they are not going to bring that much , just because someone is asking Xamout of $$$ for a car dosent mean they get it or its worth as much as they want . not that EBAY is a price setter but is is a guide for pricing ,  do a completed listing search for the 67s 68s & 69s . they arent bring a ton of money .
so i stand on the price of $2500.00 - $ 3500.00 for all 3 in the condition as described  :slap:

And I say that the ragtop alone is worth more than that, simply for the fact that it's a V-8 ragtop.  Not a common car, even among the A bodies.  The fastback is a Formula S, which even without the original engine should be worth about 5k.  And even with a slant six, the notch is worth at least 2k if it runs.  From the description, they have only a little rust on the 1/4s, and some mold in the interior.  Doesn't sound like they need as much work as you believe.

But as stated earlier, I would need pictures to really give a good estimate.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.