News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do I install the Remote Mirror nut in the upper door pad?!?

Started by Corellian Corvette, August 23, 2008, 12:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corellian Corvette

For the life of me, I cannot get the threads started on the nut that holds the remote mirror mechanism in place  :brickwall:

I have B/E & A parts upper door panels (Awesome!!) but there is just not enough length on the

Is there a special tool or something that is needed to thread that nut? It's impossible!

1969chargerrtse

I remember having issues with mine.  I couldn't figure out which part went where?  All and all I got it done.  I don't remember any nut threading issues?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger-Bodie

The thin spring steel backer needs to be flat against the trim pad, and not the inner door. This gives you just enough to get the nut started.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Corellian Corvette

the threaded end just isn't long enough but more importantly there is no way to exert force on the nut and turn it at the same time!?

1969chargerrtse

Can you post a picture of the threaded end?  Or all the pieces on one picture.  My threads were long enough?  I dropped the nut on the end and started to turn it with the tip of a needle nose.  :popcrn:

Here's some info from a past thread.   http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,30088.0.html

How thick is the area the threads need to go through on the pad?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

y3chargerrt

How tight does the chromed nut fit in the pad. My Mopar remote mirror came with the one pictured. It was bigger in diameter them my original one and didnt fit well.

squeakfinder

I think theres a special tool for turning the chrome nut. I used a spanner wrench for mine. Also if the cable seems short the mirror is probably for an A body.

There shorter, but they can work with the use of allot of fowl language sweat.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....