News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

c-c.com hacked????

Started by Hot_Rodder, July 16, 2008, 08:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot_Rodder

Went to check in over at cuda-challenger.com and I noticed some differences on the website, then there was an automatic redirect to some other webpage saying that it had been hacked by some people, they were claiming responsibility for the hacking of the site, anyone else come across this?????

Carlwalski

Yup, I'm a regular there and came here to see what's up. The site is f@#ked. Spam and gibberish everywhere. You go to the site and when you click a link get redirected to the hacker site. Be careful guys not to stay on there too long, either site until it's fixed. Nowadays they can grab more than you email from your "PC fingerprints" ie: passwords, bank account details etc......bloody pieces of shlt!

:icon_smile_angry: :flame:

BB1

Hey NZ, remember I was cudahob over there, I deleted myself months ago. Sorry to here the place is going to hell.

Your welcome to stay with us.  :wave:
Delete my profile

bordin34

Wow that site is seriously messed up. Hopefully it was all backed up.
Edit- What I am worried about is that hacker getting my password because I use the same one at a lot of other places.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

69bronzeT5

I'm saving all their rotting Mopar pics while I can :D
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

ChargerSG

That a...... as really destroyed the site now :icon_smile_angry:, i hate f...... that do things like that :flame:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Charger_Fan

Wow. :o
In all my days of using forums, that's the first time I've actually seen a site hacked into like that. That sucks big time. :rotz:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Hey Troy,

I know there's a lot of features on CC.com that are very similar to DC.com & was wondering if the same thing could happen on this forum? I have no idea if the similarities mean much in a problem like this, just curious. 

BTW, I don't need an explanation because I probably wouldn't understand.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Drache

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 16, 2008, 04:58:53 PM
Hey Troy,

I know there's a lot of features on CC.com that are very similar to DC.com & was wondering if the same thing could happen on this forum? I have no idea if the similarities mean much in a problem like this, just curious. 

BTW, I don't need an explanation because I probably wouldn't understand.  :lol:

I was wondering the same thing! This is the 5th site Ive personally seen get "hacked".

Granted though usually a site isn't really "hacked"... the admin's computer gets infected with a keystroke program or something similar and thats how they get in....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Forza

I can understand certain sites getting hacked but come on, c-c.com?? It's a fuckin car enthusiast site, who would get their jollies off ruining that site? I hope the bastard responsible gets crabs for his birthday, and no I don't mean Long John Silver crabs either.  :flame:

G-man

Just my luck.

I posted my Car there for the 1st time after 12months or more being on the website and BANG hacked everything.  :brickwall:

Ghoste

Quote from: Forza on July 16, 2008, 05:43:10 PM
I can understand certain sites getting hacked but come on, c-c.com?? It's a fuckin car enthusiast site, who would get their jollies off ruining that site? I hope the bastard responsible gets crabs for his birthday, and no I don't mean Long John Silver crabs either.  :flame:

You kiddin'?  Do you know how many eco-terrorists and Sierra Club nazis there are with the computer skills and motive to do that?

69bronzeT5

Ross & Simon took the site back over and got rid of the hackers.

They lost all the topics in their General Discussion though... :rotz:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Chryco Psycho

We are back running , Thanks to Ross & Simon

Carlwalski

Good to hear Simon is good from what I heard. Cudahob - why did you leave? I know you bud, green 70 Cuda? why did you leave. I must admit, the place is slipped a lot over the last year with Rev not running the show. Ross isn't on there enough to keep it oiled like Rev was and the more people the less "homely" it becomes. I used to be an everyday poster, only go there once a week now and  have lost interest.......... :rotz: Yes, this forum and any forum can be hijacked. This forum is running the exact  same software as CCC - Simple Machines though this is running an older version. There is a new update available, version 1.1.5. So, it could happen and there isn't much anyone can do. Those dropkicks get smarter as technology does....... :flame:

BB1

The place was not up to par anymore, I have everything I need here; and I'm a Charger guy.
I was born that way.

I was born in "The Year of the Horse"
1966 the first year of the Charger.
My first car was a Charger.

I still love the fish though.

Without Rev there is no cc.com  :rotz:
Delete my profile