News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fan clutch for 4-core radiator

Started by hemi68charger, July 14, 2008, 08:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang...
I have a friend that has expanded his factory 3-core radiator in his v-code '71 Challenger R/T to a 4-core. Since the core thickness is the same as the thickness of the upper tank, he needs to find a fan clutch which will work with this modification. Anyone out there running a 4-core with the factory upper 26" tank while at the same time using their factory shroud and fan.

Thanks..
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

BrianShaughnessy

Maybe a Hayden 2765 will fit?    :scratchchin:     There's nothing shorter available.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Chryco Psycho

The Cooling Depot part # 11136944 is the shortest I have found , just over 2" thick , the original application is for a Jaguar but the bolt pattern lines up

Chatt69chgr

http://www.haydenauto.com/catalogs/index.htm

the above is a link to the Hayden website where you can look up a dwg and dimensions of the Hayden 2765 fan clutch.  The fan mounts on the rear of the clutch.  I took a look at a new one I have in a box and also looked at the fan blade that fits on it.  I have a fan blade listed for 440 4-speed applications with air--I think it is 18.5 inches in dia and is 7 blade.  When the fan is mounted on the fan clutch, it appears that the fan clutch will stick out further than the blades--ie, the fins in the front of the clutch.  I measured from the back of the fan clutch to the front of the fins and it is approx 2.55 inches.  The hayden part 2765 is the same as the Imperial part 215018 both being made by Four Seasons.  I got the Imperial part from Advance Auto.  I couldn't find any tech info on the Cooling Depot part number mentioned.  It appears that the Cooling Depot is a Canadian parts house.  This may be their internal number.  All the posts I had seen in the past said that the Hayden part was the "thinnest" you could get.  Anyone have any tech info on the Cooling Depot part, ie, dimension dwgs, etc. 

hemi68charger

Thanks guys......... I think this will be the ticket...............

Troy :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection