News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just..... WOW!

Started by Troy, July 01, 2008, 10:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

As they say in sports, go big or go home....

"Zimbabwe's currency needs have spiraled upward as a shattered economy spurs overheated inflation. Prices rose 165,000 percent in February, according to government figures, but independent experts say the real inflation rate is closer to 4 million percent."

"A pint of milk can cost 3 billion Zimbabwe dollars, or about 30 U.S. cents."
German firm halts bank note sales to Mugabe regime

So you could be a multi-billionaire by selling a pack of gum.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

i seen pictures (i belive from europe at the end of WWI) where a guy with a wheelbarrow full of money was trying to buy a loaf of bread...

Old Moparz

I envision swapping a '71 NOS Cuda fender for the entire counrty.  :lol:

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Khyron

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 01, 2008, 10:54:35 PM
I envision swapping a '71 NOS Cuda fender for the entire counrty.  :lol:

:smilielol: SOLD!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

bull

Maybe they ought to consider changing the denominations of their bills. They could start by dropping six zeroes.

Old Moparz

Quote from: bull on July 02, 2008, 12:23:04 AM
Maybe they ought to consider changing the denominations of their bills. They could start by dropping six zeroes.

But that would be like having your guitar amp go to 10 instead of 11.   :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Todd Wilson

I wonder how much Bill Gates would have over there? HAHA!

Todd

craigandlynda

some of the events in places like this make me think these places were far better off when they were british colonies.

Dave22443

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

hutch

We are headed that way.  The federal reserve is killing our country.

Image of german children using wads of bank notes as building blocks.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

hemigeno

Hey, I just got an email from someone in Zimbabwe asking me to transfer several million dollars out of the country - were they actually just going to send me a postage stamp?

:smilielol:

tricky lugnuts

Gotta love hyperinflation. Apparently there is a downside to just running the presses.

That's how we're going to wind up paying off our $10 trillion national debt -- anyone want to bet?  I got $500 billion on it!!!

Mike DC

It's already happening. 

The consumer price index is a joke. 

I see these talking-head economists in the media with these stumped reactions about why the US economy can have decent numbers, but the public never seems to live & act like it is anymore lately.  Some of them seem genuinely mystified at what everyone below X-amount of income has known at a gut level for years -- that the dollars are falling way faster than the official numbers ever say.   

I recently heard a statistic that if current USD inflation was being measured the same way we measured inflation in 1979, then it would be around 8-11% a year lately. 

It's one of the reasons that the price increases on Chargers fails to shock me.  It's not the Charger values that are shifting so fast, it's the dollars. 

twenty mike mike

Quote from: craigandlynda on July 02, 2008, 07:25:05 AM
some of the events in places like this make me think these places were far better off when they were british colonies.

OMG! How raeschis of you!  :lol:

ChgrSteve67

When it costs more to make the money than what its worth............

Charged

Sounds like the USA in time if something isent done.

pettyfan43

You just can't keep printing money to try to make things better, if there is too much of something, the something loses value.

These stimulus checks everyone got were just covered by printing billions of dollars rather than making GOOD decisions, they are making decisions like some 20 year old who just got his first credit card.

Common sense has fled this country, 4 buck a gallon gas that has come to the point of costing a LOT of people their jobs, while speculators and oil companies make runaway profits.  The easiest fix to that, is to make it where the speculators who "buy" the oil actually take DELIVERY and pony up the cash instead of flipping it the next day.  If you do that, they actually have to come up with the funds.

It's all about the money, PERIOD.  Some people are saying that the "market has to work". It ain't working and it is taking its toll on the common working man who has to go to work every day.

Supposedly the gas would come down, when demand fell off. It has fallen off a good bit yet it keeps going up. Somebody is getting filthy rich off the backs of the people who actually keep this country GOING! 

I have NO problem with people making money and companies making profits. That is after all why they are in business. But once you start putting people in the streets, something has to change.

J-440

That's why we should vote for Obama so he can nationalize the oil companies and then the prices will come down!!!  See how easy the government can make our lives??  Good God and there are people out there who believe this crap!!!  I know we shouldn't get political on this site but...Vote for Bob Barr!!
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede