News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Planning a rebuild

Started by bsimms89, July 07, 2008, 04:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsimms89

I'm planning to rebuild a 70 charger from just a shell, to create an R/T clone with a new 426 Hemi crate motor. I've already found repo parts for almost the entire body and have found the service manual. Where I am hitting a dead end is with the interior, the car I am looking at had no interior whatsoever, yet I want to make it look as close to an original as possible. Yet I can find repo interior parts, specifically front and rear seats and the center console for a 4 speed, and many of the other smaller things, can anyone help me in getting started in planning my interior?

Finn

http://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/

There is a thread on here for discount codes that's worth checking out too
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Finn

A list of all things missing may be useful as the guys on here have been doing this way longer than I have (just started my first restoration on a 68 charger about a year ago) and if they don't have the parts they know where to get them.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Troy

The seat cores and frames aren't reproduced so you'll need to find used ones. The seat covers, carpet, door panels, headliner, package tray, and armrests are available as reproductions. The plastic console body is also available as a reproduction (check Tony's Parts as I think they took over). The console top plates, lights, trim, and a lot of other interior items are available through BE&A. The 4-speed pistol grip shifter handle is available again through Hurst I believe. The shifter box itself will be had to find though.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

craigandlynda

my favorite interior part from 70 stick charger was the reverse indicator lite, a little rectangular piece that mounted along dashboard and lit up in orange when lever went in reverse...if you see a few extra of those, i could use a nice one