News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Giant Bunny

Started by tin_soldier, July 11, 2008, 10:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tin_soldier

Is this for Real??  it looks it.

(click link to see pic)
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_giant_bunny.htm                              :scratchchin:

Comments: This image has appeared in a number of newspapers in the U.S. and abroad, all of which attest to its authenticity while reporting somewhat inconsistent measurements for the giant bunny.

According to the BBC, Herman is just under a meter long and weighs 7.7 kilograms (about 17 pounds). Ditto the New York Post. The Sun of London, on the other hand, lists Herman's weight as 22 lbs., as does Ananova.

I could find very little information on the "German Giant" breed of rabbit, but online sources confirm that full-grown specimens of the British and Flemish variants of the breed can indeed weigh up to 10 kg. (22 lbs.).

Even at the higher figure, Herman appears to fall just short of being the largest bunny on record, pound for pound. In 2004, the BBC ran a story on a British Giant named Roberto, who stood a few inches taller than Herman and tipped the scales, allegedly, at a whopping 35 lbs. A spokesperson for the Guinness Book of World Records, which no longer issues official titles for such categories, was quoted as saying Roberto was the biggest rabbit they'd ever heard of.

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire