News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Isn't this a bit high for a 318 Charger?

Started by Sabre, July 26, 2008, 01:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabre

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___Dodge-Charger-General-Lee-1969_W0QQitemZ280249629199QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280249629199&_trksid=p3756.m14.l1318

No offense to whoever owns this beauty but the starting bid is $25,000.  The reserve is even higher than that.  I'm not sure what the value of a fully restored 318 1969 Charger is these days but I doubt it's in the $20,000 range let alone higher.  Even though it's a General Lee replica with the cast autographs that doesn't add to the value imo.

Just my 2 cents

charger01

I would think 25 would be ok, if it was truly totally restored.  That particular car is nice, but not fully restored.  I would think 18 tops.

sick dawg

It's only worth what somebody will pay for it and I don't see any bids so far! :icon_smile_blackeye:

TheGhost

Doors aren't welded shut, it's not an authentic replica. :D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

nakita7

You've never seen an overpriced 69 Charger before?.... :eyes:

2Gunz

With gas prices it might be a selling point.   :)

twenty mike mike

"Fully restored" and "General Lee" don't belong in the same sentence.  :smilielol:

charger01

Quote from: twenty mike mike on July 29, 2008, 10:44:47 AM
"Fully restored" and "General Lee" don't belong in the same sentence.  :smilielol:

I guess "technically" no, but very few cars do fall into the "fully restored" category. ;)

TeeWJay426

Quote from: nakita7 on July 28, 2008, 08:26:36 PM
You've never seen an overpriced 69 Charger before?.... :eyes:

Seems like that's the only kind I EVER see anymore..... ::)
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Brock Samson

i never realized "fully restored" means a flat black engine compartment, lots of missing interior bits, a non stock orange paint job with lots of stickers and other modified bits.
That's one charger that needs to be thoroughly inspected in person to determine the actual value.

twenty mike mike