News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone purchased this aluminum radiator:

Started by Captain D, January 27, 2009, 12:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Just curious to see if anyone has purchased an aluminum radiator from this seller before. They're feedback is pretty good, but any experiences on the quality from members here by chance, etc?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching&item=200300140291&viewitem=

Also, this is a general question, but to those w/ an aluminum radiator...do you see a lot of it when you're looking directly at the front grille? Any pics of yours would be great! Meanwhile, I'll keep looking through the forum to see if I come across any older threads w/ pics as well...

Thank you!
Aaron

68pplcharger

My uncle bought a radiator for his 70 Superbee 440 car, from this guy. The radiator works fine, but he did mention the quality wasn't the best. I can't remember what was wrong with it, but I believe it was cosmetic. His motor has about 530 hp and it runs cool ,no problems.

Captain D

Thanks man! Yeah, I'm thinking bout' it, but only $200 for a 69' Charger aluminum radiator makes me a lil' nervous. But hey, as long as it keeps it cool, that's the main thing (let's hope). Any other experiences? Thank you again for your time!
Aaron

runningman

I bought one of those this week, I offered 200 and they accepted.  They wouldn't take 190 for it so 200 is probably as low as you can get it.  Ron (firefighter) said it looks like the one he picked up for his car....I kind of relied on the feedback for this purchase, they have been selling them for a while too.....I won't have my car ready for a while so I won't be able to give any feedback yet  :-\

firefighter3931

Yep, it looks identical to the one i purchased from a different vendor off E-Bay...although this one is less expensive. I paid $270 for mine + shipping. Definately a good rad !

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Captain D

Coolness, looks like they come back in stock again soon, so I'm tempted to get one  :scratchchin:. Thanks again fellas for the responses and info!
High regards,
Aaron

runningman

They called me yesterday to inform me that they oversold some units and asked if I needed it ASAP.  He said they had more coming in next week and he would call me to let me know.  I will post on here when I get the call if you are looking to get one. 

Matt

Foreman72

i hope they have some when i get 2 that section of my resto...it says it fits 72's and the rad won't kno that its cooling an SB so it should be fine  :D unless someone knows otherwise...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

4aThrill

I bought one for my car for 189 plus shipping from Oscar's Radiator on ebay just gotta look around on ebay for the best price. only down fall about that the radiator is it comes with a plastic peck cock easy fix though.  :2thumbs:

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Runner

they dont list the tube size, are they 3 1 inch core tubes with a 3/8 inch thick gap between the cores?  if so that would be one THICK radiator.   

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

runningman

Yeah, whenever I get mine I will post some more pics and dimensions.