News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's up with these new Charger drivers?

Started by timinator, June 04, 2008, 09:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4forty

Quote from: TK73 on June 05, 2008, 11:13:07 PM
For someone who has TRIED to like the...
Quote from: Dan T on June 05, 2008, 10:57:35 PM
... new Chargers..it's simple, don't buy one!!

I didn't   :icon_smile_big:

I won't....

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Shakey on June 04, 2008, 07:04:27 PM
Quote from: 66chargerkid on June 04, 2008, 06:04:40 PM
I have seen a supecharged srt8 jeep out accelerate a Ferrari that's in my neighborhood

Was the Ferrari parked in the driveway?

425 horsepower and all wheel drive will pretty much waste anything short of an enzo off the line.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Orange_Crush

Quote from: 4forty on June 06, 2008, 08:55:31 AM
Quote from: TK73 on June 05, 2008, 11:13:07 PM
For someone who has TRIED to like the...
Quote from: Dan T on June 05, 2008, 10:57:35 PM
... new Chargers..it's simple, don't buy one!!

I didn't   :icon_smile_big:

I won't....

HEY...I recognize those!  The teenage girl across the street has one!
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

4forty

you shouldn't be checking out what teenage girls have :nono:..........

sick dawg

Quote from: Dans 68 on June 05, 2008, 12:20:03 AM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on June 04, 2008, 02:47:48 PM
I've had nothing but respect shown towards me. 

This weekend at a car show, a purple Daytona pulled in and I actually hoped he would park by me.  Later at registration he asked if I owned the purple '70 and I said yes.  He said I was gonna park by ya' but didn't want to piss you off.  I told him I wasn't the typical classic owner (not my exact words) that rags on the new Chargers' and he could park by me any time he wanted.  Instant friend.  :yesnod:

Me too. A gentleman asked if he could get some photos with mine after the show. I said bring it by and we'll do some photos! :laugh:   This was at Ohlone/Mopar Alley show last Sunday.

Now that I've seen them parked side by side, I can really see the resemblance!

Dan

moparmandan

Geez guys, have you guys even driven an SRT anything?! A SRT LX runs low 12's in the quarter, handle and stop awesome too. On of the "regular R/T's will run a low 14. They too stock, will stomp almost any stock "muscle car".
I agree the whole 4dr thing and bastardizing the charger nameplate used to really piss me off to. But after driving alot of them, they are a NICE car.
I can't wait to try on a new challenger. THATS a sexy mopar! :2thumbs:~Dan

Ghoste

Your last sentence summed it all up.  You know one of the reasons why there are so many more 69 Chargers powered by 318's?  Because they were every bit as sexy as the 440 powered ones.  Performance is a big deal but it needs to be attractive too.

Brock Samson

I've had only a few incidents with my old R/T where folks get competitive, in one instance i was with my youngest neice and an all black R/T obviously modded merging a block ahead went all ape shit when he saw he had the jump on me,.. I wouldn't scare or endanger my neice even trying if it was fair,.. I pick my spots,..
One encounter i wrote about here was when a bone stock '06 tried to beat me to the gas station from the light across the street and from it's vantage point that sure didn't go very well...  :D
and several times folks in neo-chargers get all excited when they see mine... usually the level of excitment is in direct proportion to their youth and number of occupants, but that's usually the case anyway no matter what the car...
I think mostly the Skunk intimidates most garden variety "magnum sedans"  and most other cars anyway,.. I try to keep as low a profile as possible and drive as smooth as I can no matter what my car company in the vicinity is,.. I know how the lights are timed in this city virtually everywhere, and what lane holds the advantage and there are now so many "magnum sedans" running around all over the place it's hardly a thrill to blow ones doors off,..  anymore... not that it doesn't or hasent happend...  :D