News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new or repro bumpers

Started by Paul w, June 05, 2008, 03:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul w

Hi Guys can you tel me where I can buy the best re-pro BUMPERS from as all the guys over here say that they are all sh**t.

For some reason there is no body over here that will re chrome the bumpers at a price that is anywere near the price of new one's.

But the price of shipping from the US is crazy at the moment with the UK PUTTING 33% duty on it,so it works out the same sort of deal in the end :-\
not only that but I will have the problem of old cores that are rippled  :brickwall:

So come on guys where can i get good BUMPERS from :2thumbs:
B3 / CHARGER R/T SE
MOVE OVER PEOPLE ARE RACING

gtx6970

Paul w

:2thumbs: Thank you GTX6970 for that, i will have to speak with them.
They look and sound very good,  :scratchchin: all i will need to do is ship my cores to the US VIA one of my pal's over there and he can ship it too them.  :icon_smile_wink:
B3 / CHARGER R/T SE
MOVE OVER PEOPLE ARE RACING

suntech

Hi Paul! Shipping back and forth to US, and the recrome will add up, so why dont you just get them recromed in the UK??
I will have all my parts recromed in Denmark.  :2thumbs: App 2k usd for both bumpers and bumperettes.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

68 CHARGER R/T

you guys wouldn't reccomend the ones on ebay    :shruggy:

Back N Black

I have 2 repo(new) ones on my 69, that i bought of e-bay. I think they look great and they also fit good.  :Twocents:

bill440rt

I bought a set of repros for my '69 I'm building. If you are restoring an absolute show car, then they are not for you. But, for the money, they're hard to beat. I am satisfied with the pair I purchased for my car, which will definitely see some heavy show duty. They are on par for the majority of cars you'd see at most "average" car shows or cruise-ins.

For an above-average show car, you'd probably want to spend some $$$ on a nice original set & have them professionally re-chromed by a plater that specializes in show chrome.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce