News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any tips on installing engine with manual trans

Started by ryan053, June 02, 2008, 04:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryan053

Im going to be putting in my new engine this weekend and wanted to know if anyone had any tips or suggestions.  I have put engines into cars with automatics but never a manual.  its a bigblock going into a 68 charger. So lets here what you guys think. :popcrn:

Ghoste

R2

Should be pretty easy,,,,at least compared to the 727.
You can get everything lined up before you install it,,,,,eg,,aligning the clutch,,,etc,,,,
The other thing that is a big help.....is to use a "engine leveler",,,,,,,this way you can change the angle of the motor/trans,,,when its on the cherry picker,,,,goes in alot easier,,,,,

ryan053

ok ill have to see about tracking down a leveler

sunroofgtx

I wish Moparts was up, Troy. I showed a thread on how to do it with 100 pics !! Engine first with dialed in bellhousing, set in the headers, then bolt to K frame. Bolt up headers. Then tranny. I showed a ton of pics on how we did it..  Try this !!!

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=best&Number=3272813&page=1&fpart=all