News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engine finally starting to come together!

Started by defiance, May 30, 2008, 12:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defiance

I actually thought for a bit I'd managed to get the remaining parts down to the 3-digit numbers, but then I changed my mind on what headers I'm getting and bumped it back up to around $1500 remaining to get it ready for the dyno - headers, fuel pump, starter, flywheel, throttle body (it's auto, but I hear you need a flywheel to dyno?), and some other little things.  And of course a good bit of work getting it set up and prepped.

Still, it's actually starting to look like a complete engine. 

I'm really happy with how solid the fuel rail mounts are.  The mounts that come with the kit looked pretty flimsy in the pictures, and I was fully expecting to have to figure out a way to fab better ones - but once I got them on there, they're actually quite solid.

Mfr426

Rolling_Thunder

yep - Edelbrock rail mounts are pretty sturdy...    had mine for over a year on my 440 and i used to life the intake bu the fuel rails...     never a problem   :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

defiance

Yeah, I plan on getting some aluminum valve covers eventually.  I thought the chrome would look OK, but now that they're on there, they seem kinda out of place.  Still, that's easy to do even after it's in the car, so no rush :)
Also, I didn't realize until now, man there's a bunch of dust on the front section (note the power steering pump).  Need to clean it up! :P

firefighter3931

That's a sharp looking engine....nicely done !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

oldschool

1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!