News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Problem with master cylinder and brake lines

Started by timinator, June 01, 2008, 08:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timinator

I put a new master cylinder on my car and one of the flare collars that screws into the master cylinder only rotatates a couple of turns before it stops. It doesn't go in far enough to seat the brake line flare fitting. I've heard of this happening before. What's the solution?

timinator

For future reference in case somebody else has this problem, I figured it out. I put on a master cylinder from Master Power brakes. It's a Chevy master cylinder. Dodge uses a 9/16-20 thread which was what was on my stock hard lines and worked with Dodge master cylinders. Chevy uses a 9/16-18 thread on its master cylinders. I had to order a collar nut in that thread pitch and install it on the hard line for it to work.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Glad to hear you got it fixed but couldn't you send it back & get the correct master instead of getting an adapter?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

y3chargerrt

I agree with Chris. I HATE seeing a Gm master cylinder on a Mopar.

timinator

The kit was sold as a Dodge application but I guess they use the same master cylinder on all their kits which is one from a Chevy. I would have thought they would have something in the installation literature about that. I've spent a lot of money and time trying to get disc brakes on my car and at this point, I'm pretty much fed up with the aftermarket. The SSBC kit I installed was absolutely unuseable and dangerous. The tech support couldn't help. They just throw a bunch of crap together and it's up to use to figure out how to make it work. In the future, I'll convert my other Charger to discs using the factory parts. I know those will work.