News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

found in valve cover

Started by roger01, June 01, 2008, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roger01

what is it its 1 1/4 long by about 3/16 in diameter....and comes to a blunt point ....

Winged 1

;)
Need a little clearer pix.
Eric

mikepmcs

That really doesn't look like a round of some sort because of the"whatever it is" around the casing on the back half and the size described to have a taper like that doesn't make sense.  But the shadow on the front half looks like the tip of a round.
Too small to be a CO2 cartridge....
What the heck is it??

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bordin34

Do you have an missing bolts in the rocker shaft?

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

oldschool

it does not look like anything i've ever seen,in the valve train area. :scratchchin:
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

GreenMachine

My guess is one of those pins from an engine stand that keeps it from rotating.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

roger01

no bolts are missing ...and i im glad it doesnt look like anything from the valve train ......i also think its some kind of pin of some sort...im thinking maybe from one of those oil change pumps at a quik lube place ...that the previous owner took it to.... :shruggy:

tecmopar

If its hollow and has a hole in each end it may just be as you said, the tip of the oil nozzle from a Jiffy Lube gun or one of those places.