News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just bought a new car - Updated with pics!

Started by my73charger, April 25, 2008, 01:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

my73charger

Well we just bought a 2008 Dodge Avenger SE.  I wanted the R/T but my wife wanted better mileage so we went with 4 cylinder SE.  I did get it in Inferno Red and they are putting a rear wing on it for free.  This will be our first brand new car.  I will get some pictures asap.  ;D

PocketThunder

i saw one driving home yesterday, not a bad looking car at all.   :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TruckDriver

See, now you can go put chains on the front tires, and give it a good drive in the fresh snow you'll have :D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ChgrSteve67

Dodge Avenger is a Baby Charger

TruckDriver

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on April 25, 2008, 01:43:56 PM

Maybe, but it is better looking I think.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ChgrSteve67

I have nothing bad to say about them, I wend down to take a test drive and my long legs made it a bit uncomfortable for me.
I think it handles well and of course the bigger motors make it a lot more responsive. Kinda would like to see them put a HEMI in one, not practical but I'm sure would be a hell of a lot of fun to drive.

I like the looks of the avenger.

I like the looks of the Charger but don't think its should be called that. 
Coronet seemed more fitting to me if they wanted to reuse badging.
Sorry didn't mean to open that can of worms again.

twenty mike mike

I prefer to think of it as a baby Coronet.  :stirthepot:

my73charger

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on April 25, 2008, 01:54:45 PM
I have nothing bad to say about them, I wend down to take a test drive and my long legs made it a bit uncomfortable for me.
I think it handles well and of course the bigger motors make it a lot more responsive. Kinda would like to see them put a HEMI in one, not practical but I'm sure would be a hell of a lot of fun to drive.

I like the looks of the avenger.

I like the looks of the Charger but don't think its should be called that. 
Coronet seemed more fitting to me if they wanted to reuse badging.
Sorry didn't mean to open that can of worms again.

That is kinda where I am at on things.  Coronet would have been good since they actually made 4 door Coronets back in the day.

my73charger

myk

It's all about the sound of the name.  Considering that the majority of car buyers don't know one car from another and couldn't care less about automotive history, you can imagine they would buy a car named Charger rather than Coronet...

ChgrSteve67

my73charger

Silver R/T

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on April 25, 2008, 01:48:51 PM

Maybe, but it is better looking I think.

they all look the same to me (new cars) Color is decent though
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722