News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engine gets strange when hot, what do I do?

Started by Tarzan, May 17, 2008, 05:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarzan

The engine starts to "bounce" or "cheating" when I push the pedal( gas). This is only when the engine is hot.
+ it sounds like it comes firecrakckers from the exhaust at the same time.
Hope someone understood what I ment, its not that easy for me to explain in english.

I have heard that it could the sparkplugs, that I should change them BUT they are BRAND NEW, so this can not be the reason.

And also heard that it could be that it gets too much fuel.

Does anyone know what to do? If you understood what I wrote.

THanks

myk

I'm gonna' guess that your car is hesitating when you start pushing on the gas.  It could be plugs, but there are easier things to think about before you take anything apart.  How long has this been going on? 

Tarzan

The plugs were changed  week ago and I have driver the car 3 days without any problems but today when the engine got warm it started to become what I wrote earlier.

The engine starts to "bounce" or "cheating" when I push the pedal( gas). This is only when the engine is hot.
+ it sounds like it comes firecrakckers from the exhaust at the same time.

Or "coughs" if thats a better word.

Could it have anything to do with the choke (carb)?

I dont know what to do.

73charger528cid

look for vac leaks,choke is opening,that you are getting a pump shot when you push the peddal and if its a holley carb and you have backfired a few times the power valve is prob blown.