News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

VIN tag resto....

Started by Magnumcharger, May 16, 2008, 11:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnumcharger

This here company seems to want to do it for you:
http://www.instrument-specialties.com/vin.htm
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

UFO

I assume you have to send in your vin plate.Be very careful it's crossing the border, make sure you can get it back.

Magnumcharger

Quote from: UFO on May 17, 2008, 09:20:58 AM
I assume you have to send in your vin plate.Be very careful it's crossing the border, make sure you can get it back.

I agree. I'd much rather have the decal sent to me.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

y3chargerrt

I wouldnt mail out my vin.Things get lost in the mail.

kab69440

Mine will just have to remain crappy looking. No friggin' way will I take that risk. I have zero for altenate documentation of my car's existence.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

The70RT

Why would anyone want to remove it from the dash just to repaint it anyway? If it gets lost in the mail then what....or comes up missing ??? I don't think it is that difficult to repaint it and put a decal on anyhow. I would say paint it and apply the decal if you didn't get it 100% correct would it really mater? If your worried about what one may think at a show they will be sure to find other things to nit pic anyway :Twocents:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

UFO

-----Why would anyone want to remove it from the dash just to repaint it anyway? -----

A lot of times the dash panel under the tag needs repair/repaint.In order to do it properly the tag needs to come off.
Then there's the logo that is faded/painted over.
Who is selling just the decal?

The70RT

Quote from: UFO on May 17, 2008, 12:20:20 PM
-----Why would anyone want to remove it from the dash just to repaint it anyway? -----

A lot of times the dash panel under the tag needs repair/repaint.In order to do it properly the tag needs to come off.
Then there's the logo that is faded/painted over.

I guess if it sat outside without a windshied then yeah maybe some rust got under it but under normal circumstances it should be fine. If you drive it at all you will get dust up there then when you clean you will get some dust on the edges and no one would know you taped it off......but I guess if it is all about show points then yeah take it off and redo it.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us