News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Legendary vs. Dante's interior

Started by mauibarber, May 03, 2008, 01:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauibarber

I am getting very close to redoing my interior but I can't figure out which direction to go.  It seems like Dante's stuff is cheaper (price wise).  But quality is my main concern.  Can anybody give me some advice on Legendary vs Dante's stuff?  Is it the same thing?  Why is Dante's less money? etc. etc.  My problem is I live in hawaii so there is no real way for me to see this stuff before I buy it.  :-\

PS
I can't afford to have the interior done custom so please don't suggest that.  I know custom interior would be the highest quality.

Thanks,
Alex

resq302

There are a couple options that you can do depending on what look you are going for with your interior.  If you want pure stock patterns and grain type material, Dante sells Legendary interiors at a discounted price somehow.  Now, I know a friend of mine in upstate NY also does upholstery and sells complete sets of seat covers as well as selling complete door panel kits.  You can check them out at http://www.onlineupholsteryandmore.com/ .  The owner's name is Chris and he is a true all out Mopar guy.  His wife is the one that does the sign boards and pin striping.  I know Chris can pretty much do any set up for upholstery that you want at VERY reasonable prices much cheaper than what Legendary sells their covers for.  But again, it all depends on what look you are going for with your car. 

I have dealt with Dante also and have ordered a TON of stuff through him, I have also dealt with Chris a lot as well.  There have been a bunch of people on here that have also dealt with both people so just ask around.  Maybe some others can chime in on either person.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Ghoste

Dantes is able to sell the Legendary product to him because they don't undercut their dealers.  Dante will work with you to find the ideal shipping arrangement for you as well.  For me it sounds like a quality mfg and a quality retailer, a perfect situation.

jaak

Quote from: resq302 on May 03, 2008, 02:12:27 PM
There are a couple options that you can do depending on what look you are going for with your interior. If you want pure stock patterns and grain type material, Dante sells Legendary interiors at a discounted price somehow. Now, I know a friend of mine in upstate NY also does upholstery and sells complete sets of seat covers as well as selling complete door panel kits. You can check them out at http://www.onlineupholsteryandmore.com/ . The owner's name is Chris and he is a true all out Mopar guy. His wife is the one that does the sign boards and pin striping. I know Chris can pretty much do any set up for upholstery that you want at VERY reasonable prices much cheaper than what Legendary sells their covers for. But again, it all depends on what look you are going for with your car.

I have dealt with Dante also and have ordered a TON of stuff through him, I have also dealt with Chris a lot as well. There have been a bunch of people on here that have also dealt with both people so just ask around. Maybe some others can chime in on either person.

I bought some seat covers from Chris. Correct? No, but super nice quality for half the price of Legendary. So if your car is not concours correct I would consider Chris for your seat covers and door panels. Heres a link to a post from 69chargerboy, he bought a set of Chris's door panelsĀ 

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,42793.0.html

Jason

BROCK

How does the Charcoal issue play out in this comparison?

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world