News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

has anyone used rear disc brakes from another car on their charger?

Started by police1, April 30, 2008, 06:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

police1

has anyone put rear disc brakes on their  68-70 charger and used another car for the parts? :shruggy:

Chatt69chgr

I am planning on doing it.  I got the brakes off a 69 New Yorker with a 8-3/4 rear end.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on April 30, 2008, 08:27:34 PM
I am planning on doing it.  I got the brakes off a 69 New Yorker with a 8-3/4 rear end.

that would it be nice to make, but nearly imposible down here.

a buddy of mine made on his 73, using Ford Explorer brakes. Works but I didn't like. Had to get rid off of the parking drum brakes stuff because not enough room there to mount that asembly.

Did need also enlarge holes to meet with axle housing studs, and remove one of them
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

kab69440

The Scarebird brackets are designed for El Dorado/Toronado 020/021 rear calipers, 85 Lincoln Town Car rotors, and late 70's Caprice flex hoses. You will also need an aftermarket metering valve spliced into the rear supply line, aft of the prop valve. Does that count?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

bordin34

Look for a jeep grand cherokee in a junkyard. I believe they usually have disc 8 1/4 rear. I think the 8 1/4 end plate is the same as the 8 3/4.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ