News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Installing 68 Dual R/T Stripe, Need closeup photos of exact placement

Started by DodgeChargerNeeded, May 02, 2008, 12:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DodgeChargerNeeded

The heading says it all. I plan on doing it myself let me know if this is a good idea or should I get a pro to do it. Either way closeup photos would be much appreciated for exact placement.
Thanks
Jeff

Hemidog

8WHEELER

Quote from: Hemidog on May 02, 2008, 12:36:27 AM
got one picture..

That car looks familiar   :scratchchin:   :icon_smile_big:  I have seen some original stripes, and some of
them don't have the side maker light dead in the middle of the stripe, but the majority are in the middle.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Jonas_N

Yeah, the books show that the light is a little offset towards the back in original placement. (Not centered in the stripe.)

But centered looks  better in my opinion. :icon_smile_cool:

suntech

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

0X01B8

Been wondering about this - guess i have an answer.  I wasn't sure if the stripe should be basically vertical OR tilted slightly towards the back at the top, so it's parallel with the line of the bumper inset on the body.

gordo1968charger

i got a 3M kit from year one it is easy to do.
JUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS
putting it on dry will bubble it to fuck.like everything else it must be wet first.
i did the trunk  lid first then did the sides.
use a plastic squeegie and hair dryer to get the water out.
i fucked my wifes hair dryer doing mine,giving her something else to moan about,
but hey the stripes were spot on.
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

suntech

Quotei fucked my wifes hair dryer doing mine
Pictures??  :D.........................................I mean, of the stripe!! :nana:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!