News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Later model front brake line for Disc Brake conversion? What year?

Started by Corellian Corvette, April 25, 2008, 12:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corellian Corvette

I know this was posted before but I can't find the thread.

I've converted my 68 Charger to front Disc brakes using the MP brakes kit. The front flex cable that came with the kit is really long.

Someone else had posted that you should use the front flex line from a later-model 3rd gen charger - I think it was a 73? That was shorter and had the brake caliper facing the rear.

Is that correct? Thanks!

Back N Black

I used brake lines of a 73 Roadrunner,the car is not on the road yet but i think it will work. The line is 15 inches long. This is with the A-body conversion.

Shakey

My '69 also uses the Mopar Action Brake Swap.  '76 Dart spindles with '88 Diplomat slider calipers.

I used a GM hose from Inline Tube on my car.

I tested the travel from all points (see note 1) and had no stretching, binding or abrasion issues.  The hose is about 12" long.

The first photo shows the line itself and the second shows the LF wheel fully turned to the left with the shock fully extended as the wheel is off the ground.  I have photos from all angles and this is the route I will go.  I have no worries as it was unofficially signed off by my Father-in-Law knowing full well that his Daughter and two Grand Daughters will be riding in the car, one of these days. 

Note 1:  I did not have a chance to test the length with the shock fully compressed and the wheels in a full turn.  My feelings on this, if I am ever in a position in the car where the wheel is fully turned to the left or the right and the shock is fully compressed, I will be using the roof of the car as the braking system.   :eek2:

Chatt69chgr