News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Holley Carb

Started by GRN66CHRGR, April 25, 2008, 12:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRN66CHRGR

I purchased a 66 charger about a year ago with a 383. Its been updated with an edelbrock intake & Holley 750 double feed. When I purchased this it had a very bad hesitation & after much review, rebuilding the carb, timing, etc. I found 2 plugs fowling on the headers. I did get it running very respectable & sounds good. One problem is I cannot get the secondarys to kick in? I beleive it to be in the linkage but do not have the info to adjust this. If you run the throttle linkage manuallly the secondarys do not move! :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: Any help would be appreciated!

firefighter3931

Is this a vacuum secondary carb or a double pumper ?

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

gordo1968charger

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
sounds like my car!!
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

GRN66CHRGR

Thanks for the reply Ron, its a double feed & not a double pumper, I think the secondaries are manual as I do not see any vacuum to them. When you manually run the throttle they do open but I do not know how to set up the linkage & do not want to damage anything...thoughts? :brickwall:

firefighter3931

GRN66,

In your first post you state that the secondaries are not opening but in your last post you state that they are in fact opening.....this is a bit confusing  :P

A double pumper carb has mechancal secondaries...this is what you have.  ;)

The 750 cfm holley is available as a double pumper (mechanical secondaries) and as a single pumper (vacuum secondaries)

Check your throttle linkage & cable to make sure it is properly adjusted and that when you floor the gas pedal the secondaries are opening fully. There is also a special mopar specific throttle adapter that needs to be installed when mounting a holley carb on a Chrysler engine.

The part number is 20-7 :

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=HLY%2D20%2D7&N=700+115&autoview=sku

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs