News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Too much preload?

Started by Belgium R/T -68, April 24, 2008, 12:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Can't get my nebuild 340 run proper under 2000 RPM, can I have adjusted the valvelash incorrectly? What's the sympthoms of too much preload?  :scratchchin:
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

John_Kunkel

Too much preload would hold the valves open and there would be no compression. I would look elsewhere.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

firefighter3931

Quote from: John_Kunkel on April 24, 2008, 04:15:09 PM

Too much preload would hold the valves open and there would be no compression. I would look elsewhere.

I agree with John....this is a carb or ignition related problem.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Belgium R/T -68

Mounted an old carb from my charger and it works perfect, didn't find anything wrong with the other one though.
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

firefighter3931

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on April 25, 2008, 01:27:38 PM
Mounted an old carb from my charger and it works perfect, didn't find anything wrong with the other one though.

Check the throttle shafts on the new carb....sounds like they may be sticking and not allowing the throttle blades to close.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

tecmopar

Sounds like the idle circuit is screwed up on the new carb if it does work off idle.