News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Satin Black

Started by drifter69, April 25, 2008, 11:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drifter69

Is There any brand of satin black paint out there that seem to be better than the other. As far as looking smoother or going on better. I've herard of guy's going with a flat black then a clear. Which is better? :shruggy:

Charger-Bodie

If you are spraying small parts and whatnot Id use the SEM rattle cans........If its like a entire hood or something exterior like that Id use base and flat (to the desied gloss level) clear .
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Chatt69chgr

I like the SEM for really important stuff.  I use the Krylon 1613 for less important stuff since it's available from Walmart pretty cheap.  You will always pay a premium for the SEM product.  Too bad Walmart doesn't carry it.

69*F5*SE

Yes, SEM has a good product.  :Twocents:

plum500

My fav paint in a can by far:

http://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-Engine-Enamel-Chrysler-Gloss/dp/B000GKAZEK

Dries fast, smooth, blends, great satin finish, durable - it's awesome.