News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need pictures of 68 Charger Front Windshield Clip Locations! Thanks!

Started by Corellian Corvette, April 24, 2008, 03:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corellian Corvette

Getting back on the road to assembling my 68 charger. I the process of doing the massive amount of metal work, it appears the front windshield clip holes have been filled/painted over. Other than a few small holes near the cowl, I have no picture reference for how many there should be and where they go.

It looks like there are 2 different sized clips used on the front - longer ones (which I assume go on the bottom) and shorter ones (I assume for the sides and top).

Can someone do a count for me and take a picture of the spacing/placement of the clips? Thanks!!

Blown70

Albert Penello

Hmmm so how did the part I cut off ever work out for you........ :shruggy:

Corellian Corvette

That's me!

It worked great. Thanks so much. I was very dissolusioned over the last several months about the Charger. There was SO much metal damage and SO much money required that I really put the whole project on hold and had to walk away. Once I started the process of trying to fix what was there it was too far gone to be able to put back together and try to re-sell. This car is going to cost me 2x what it would have cost to buy a nice restored car, and I was tired of having it suck my funds away.

Now that I've spent some time not thinking about it, I'm excited to get started again. Your part was a big help and I really appreciate it!

Blown70

Quote from: Corellian Corvette on April 24, 2008, 04:09:42 PM
That's me!

It worked great. Thanks so much. I was very dissolusioned over the last several months about the Charger. There was SO much metal damage and SO much money required that I really put the whole project on hold and had to walk away. Once I started the process of trying to fix what was there it was too far gone to be able to put back together and try to re-sell. This car is going to cost me 2x what it would have cost to buy a nice restored car, and I was tired of having it suck my funds away.

Now that I've spent some time not thinking about it, I'm excited to get started again. Your part was a big help and I really appreciate it!

Good to know You drop out of sight so, I was wondering what had happend.  I know the roof part was rough, but hopefully you will be re-engergized to work on your PROJECT!!!

Tom

bill440rt

Here ya go. Just in the nick of time. I hoping to get the windshield & back glass installed next week in my '69, so I grabbed the clip shots for you.

I'll be taking some in-process photos of the windshield & back glass installation, & I'll post them as well.

Anyway, I've got 10 clips along the bottom, 10 clips along the top, & 3 up each side. The clips along the bottom are different than the top & sides.
Here are the top & bottom shots.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bill440rt

Here are the post shots.

Good Luck!  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

nitrousn

Bill lets see some more pics of your car. Looks like a nice and different paint scheme. :2thumbs:

bill440rt

nitrousn,
Don't wanna hi-jack this thread with that right now.

I'm sending you PM.