News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

swaped my flowmasters for magnaflows

Started by 69chargerR/T, April 15, 2008, 09:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerR/T

I finally got rid of my flowmaster super 40 mufflers and put on a set of magnaflows :2thumbs: My car is much quieter now than it was with the flowmasters, it doesn't have that drone sound inside the car anymore :2thumbs: It still has a kinda rumble sound at low speeds, like at 30 to 35 mph but I think that is because I have a 3" exhaust. When I was looking for an exhaust to buy I couldn't decide if I wanted a 3" or a 2.5" so I thought that bigger is better, well I was wrong  :brickwall: I didn't think a 3" exhaust would be that loud I should have got the 2.5" exhaust. Anyway it does sound better with the magnaflows it is much more bearable now than it was with the flowmasters, and it sounds great at WOT :2thumbs: The only thing I can think of doing to get rid of the low speed rumble is to put some kind of resonator in the tail pipes,anyone have any ideas on what kind or who makes a 3" resonator that I can put in my tail pipes. Other than that I'm happy with the magnaflows it will be much better going on a long cruise now :2thumbs:   

Alan   

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

firefighter3931

Good deal Alan !  :2thumbs: Some folks have used dynomax race bullets in the tailpipes as resonators to quiet things down.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

TexasStroker

Quote from: firefighter3931 on April 15, 2008, 09:41:37 PM
Good deal Alan !  :2thumbs: Some folks have used dynomax race bullets in the tailpipes as resonators to quiet things down.  ;)

Ron

I agree, seems alot of folks opt for the bullets to serve as resonators.  And props for ditching the "flows."  Never have been a fan of them and never will, just my  :Twocents:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Foreman72

yeah i agree with the previous posts...while an engine may sound great, it can get kind of annoying when thats all you can hear for 25+ miles, why even bother putting a radio in your car haha...the tips w/ resonators can be pretty pricey but if its of importance to you they should be around summit someplace (heck, what isn't)
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

myk

I don't mind the sound, but the better performance from the magna's makes it the right choice...

pullrock

I also just installed Magnaflows last week, LOVE THEM!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: The car had some generic mufflers on it for I UPGRADED to Magnaflows!

Eric, San Jose, CA