News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NW Racing Icon, engine builder passes away - Gaines Markley

Started by Ranman69SE, April 26, 2008, 01:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranman69SE

The machinist who built my 493 has passed away. Gaines Markley of Custom Machine in Snohomish Washington, died April 24th at age 66 after a serious illness.  I knew he was well known in the NHRA community, but I did not know his full history until reading this article:

http://www.nhra.com/content/news/28375.htm

He completed my motor in February and it seems he became ill shortly thereafter, and was hospitalized until his passing.  I really enjoyed spending time with him and Bob Gage during my buildup.  He was extremely knowledgeable and very easy to work with.  I was looking forward to someday showing him my car once I manage to put it back together.  My heart goes out to his wife and family.

I hope my car is not cursed, but the upholsterer who I hired to do my seats died of an aneurism at age 34 before completing the job.  I sincerely hope Pat Blais (transmission builder) is doing okay!  :-\

Randy

'69 Charger SE 493
'65 Pontiac GTO 6.5 Liter Tripower 4-spd convertible
'78 Ford F250 4x4 SuperCab 460
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'91 Yamaha FJ1200

RECHRGD

Too bad.  Looks like a nice guy.  I turned 60 this year and people around me are starting to drop like flys.  Kinda scary. :rotz:
13.53 @ 105.32