News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

friend and i went for a cruise, charger vs porsche

Started by miller, April 21, 2008, 09:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miller

We finally got my friends Porsche running and on the street (he paid 500 bucks for it, not a bad deal if you ask me). It is actually quite nice, air, power windows, power locks, manual trans. Only down side is that it has manual steering.  Heres some pics of our cars together before we set off.

...you realize how long the charger is when you compare it to a 944 nose to nose

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

Brock Samson

you take great Pictures, Thanks! good to see someone enjoying thier baby!  :popcrn:

myk

Well the thread title is "vs," so how did that go? 

G-man

tecmopar

Were waiting------"and the winner is"----. Also, did that car look like that when he bought it, I think the wheels are probably worth more than 500 bucks.

miller

Oh yes, vs.... well we know from a 10 mile an hour roll the charger owns it, the little 2.5 4 cylinder can just doesnt have enough tourqe to keep up to my slightly modded 318. Now from a stop, he can start to pull ahead because he can dump the clutch and scream away, were mine bogs off the line and as a result he is to far gone for me to catch him (the only thing more tempermental than my motor was my ex girlfriend). If I really wanted to beat him, I would haul out the taurus SHO (it beat the charger quite handly).

But see, for me its all about style right now, people love the charger, and i must say it got way more looks than my taurus or even the porsche get.

I have never been worried about speed, well at least until the 440 gets in there, but my friends hemi cuda still smokes me... so whats the point in trying to be top dog, always someone better. So just enjoy what you got!

Also thanks for the compliment, i do it because it relieves a lot of stress to just go out and shoot the car, we are doing one soon of all my friends rides, ill post it up when we finish it!

My SHO and last pic is my friends almost a million dollars worth of cars (he has more, just his top 3)

miller

and yes the car "looked" like that when we picked it up, unfortunately it didn't run near as good (ran on three cylinders). So over the winter we fixed some of the fiberglass underbody, re-carpeted and reupholstered the interior, and got the motor back in running condition, quite a car for 500 bucks.

When we found it.

cpthowdy1369

What is a Taurus SHO?  I know what a Taurus is, but what does the SHO stand for?  If it is a Show car,  then why the hell would anyone turn a Taurus into a show car?
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!

miller

Quote from: cpthowdy1369 on April 22, 2008, 05:52:37 AM
What is a Taurus SHO?  I know what a Taurus is, but what does the SHO stand for?  If it is a Show car,  then why the hell would anyone turn a Taurus into a show car?

SHO stands for Super High Performance, it was basically the SVT of the 90s... the 98 Taurus had a 3.4 liter 32 valve DOHC V8 that was co-built with Yamaha, it also had variable suspension package that changed to how the driver drove. It also came with every option the Taurus had to offer. In 98 they only produced a little over 3000 of them. Pretty much the halo car for fords passanger car fleet.

moparstuart

Quote from: miller on April 22, 2008, 06:04:20 AM
Quote from: cpthowdy1369 on April 22, 2008, 05:52:37 AM

SHO stands for Super High Performance, it was basically the SVT of the 90s... the 98 Taurus had a 3.4 liter 32 valve DOHC V8 that was co-built with Yamaha, it also had variable suspension package that changed to how the driver drove. It also came with every option the Taurus had to offer. In 98 they only produced a little over 3000 of them. Pretty much the halo car for fords passanger car fleet.
I just bout two of the taurus (sho) both had bad 3.4 's in them .    Got lots of parts if you need any !
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE