News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

manifold swap

Started by polywideblock, July 02, 2013, 01:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polywideblock

hi I've taken everyone's advise and bought  felpro 1215 valley pan gasket set http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FELPRO-INLET-GASKET-BATHTUB-SET-suit-CHRYSLER-BIG-BLOCK-413-and-440-ENGINE-/151067184129?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item232c4e4c01
   do I  need any other gaskets when swapping from stock 4 bbl. to stock iron 6 pack? any tips, tricks ? is there any catches to look out for ?
                                                                       thanks phil

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Dino

I've never had a 6 pack but have installed that pan on my car.  Things to look for are differences in manifold to head gap between the two.  My car only needed the pan and none of the extra gaskets but some do need gaskets.

Lay the pan on the engine and bolt the 6 pack manifold down but only gently.  Thanks to Chryco I was able to get my manifold back on as I did not know you had to put the bolts in on one side and then use a crow bar or something to push the other end of the manifold towards the center to line up the holes with the threads in the head. 

Once it's on just figer tighten it and look at the gaps.  It's an easy way to tell if you need gaskets or not.  Use permatex ultra copper on both sides of the pan and on the rails but make sure everything fits right before you do, the stuff dries pretty quickly.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.