News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can you fix small cracks in vinyl dash parts?

Started by Chargeraddict, April 14, 2008, 09:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargeraddict

Hi Guys, Im redoing my dash and its all in nice shape except that top piece of vinyl that runs along the egde of the dash facing you. It has little hairline cracks all over it, I guesss from the sun. Can you smooth those out somehow and dye it? Or is that piece available at a reasonable price? Thanks

Winged 1

;)
Don't quote me but rather think that you would be better off getting it recovered at just dashes or replaced. Even if you could get it repaired now that the cracking has started it will continue. No sooner get it looking good and have a couple more pop open wouldn't be any fun..
Just my opinion.
Best of luck,
Eric

Ghoste

I don't think the cracks can be fixed, not without it being obvious anyway.  Just so youknow, getting it recovered isn't cheap either but the results are great and as far as I know Just Dashes has a lock on that business, so...