News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need help with carpet install - scuff plates - where do they go?

Started by A34, April 12, 2008, 11:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A34

Hey Guys,

Where do the scuff plates go on a Charger and how do they fit? These are the 6 inch or so long trim pieces with a screw hole on one end and a u-shape on the other. I think they go between the sill plate and rear door panel, but can't remember how they fit?

Thanks !
:2thumbs:
Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

1969chargerrtse

Have no idea, but would love to see pictures of your chargers. 
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

A34

Here's a pic of the part in question.
Deo Vindice

A34

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 13, 2008, 11:05:30 AM
Have no idea, but would love to see pictures of your chargers. 

Will try and post some shortly. I can't get my files smaller than 200kb for some reason.
Deo Vindice

histoy

They fit behind the sill plates and next to the rear panels.   Insert the open "U" end under the back of the sill plate and around the last screw that attaches the sill plate.   Then insert a screw in the back hole of the scuff plate to keep it in place next to the rear panel.   The holes should already be in the floor.  I use an ice pick through the carpet to find the holes.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: histoy on April 14, 2008, 07:55:56 AM
They fit behind the sill plates and next to the rear panels.   Insert the open "U" end under the back of the sill plate and around the last screw that attaches the sill plate.   Then insert a screw in the back hole of the scuff plate to keep it in place next to the rear panel.   The holes should already be in the floor.  I use an ice pick through the carpet to find the holes.

:iagree:  also make sure the raised ridge is on the outside of the panels
Chris' '69 Charger R/T