News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What am I doing wrong?

Started by chargermick, April 12, 2008, 11:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargermick

I did a search here, and found out that the clutch fan for a Jag would fit in the Charger with the 440. But, the new clutch measures 2-5/8", and There is only 2-3/8" between the radiator and the spacer on the water pump pulley. Can I remove the spacer? I SWEAR THIS CAR HATES ME. Thanks guys.

histoy

Yes, discard the spacer and bolt the clutch right to the water pump.

andy74

Quote from: histoy on April 12, 2008, 11:10:33 AM
Yes, discard the spacer and bolt the clutch right to the water pump.
ive done that before,take it easy,your car loves you!

64cubed

I just got done putting the hayden Jag clutch on my car. One word of advice get a thin piece of cardboard
and put it against your radiator to protect it cause its a MF to get those bolts in at least it was for me.
I have an aluminum radiator and the fins are easily bent but even a brass one could get damaged working that close to it. Nothing worse than trying to do a project then screwing up something else.

chargermick

Thanks you guys, I can always count on the people here to help. Hey Cubed, did you have to remove the spacer also?

64cubed

There was no spacer on mine. I have a early B body Polara. The engine is forward more than later years so Ive heard. So I had no spacer and its a tight fit. Just make sure to use the pilot bushing that comes in the box with the fan clutch :cheers: