News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dirty mary crazy larry filming locations 1973 & 2010

Started by model maker, December 15, 2010, 10:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Imagine the hunting fury posting that information would start.

model maker

Ghoste, How right you are about that. I am trying to double check with my ins. co to see what they can do. I would love to be able to locate all of my former vehicles. I had a 68 charger in high school and one day sold it & bought a 72 firebird because my soon to be wife, soon to be EX wife talked me into it because her cousin was a used car salesman but i soon got tired of the firebird and bought my 73 mustang MACH 1. ( the ex wife actuall caused me to lose 2 CHARGERS thinking about the 68 & her wrecking my 69  :brickwall: :brickwall: :RantExplode:) ANYWAY, one day in San Francisco i was working as a route driver and I crossed market street and half way down the block I spotted what looked like my hemi orange 68 charger and it was it ( license plate) and  parked BEHIND IT  bumpers almost touching was my old 72 firebird ( license plate also ) I was shocked to say the least and then the red light turned green and i had to move along. With all the one way streets, it took me almost 10 minutes to circle the block and the firebird was just leaving. What are the odds of that happening again ?
Bert
MODEL MAKER

jwramc

How's this for dragging up an oldie topic?

Just joined today and wanted to say the original post was referencing my May 2010 business trip to San Francisco and my personal side-trip to visit all the DMCL locations I was able to research. I made that trip on 2 days notice, so I only got about half the shots I could have gotten had the trip been a month later, after I'd completed my location research. But the videos were a blast to edit together, and I got very lucky on a couple of the spots I found completely by dumb luck. Example- Mary's apartment was under a sign that said 'Fairview Apartments'. I searched the Sonora, CA area for that name but found nothing...except a dead-end street named Fairview St. So I used Google Earth to find that street, zoomed down th street level and advanced from one end of the street to the next....finding nothing. Then I repeated the process, this time rotating my view 360-degrees at ever step, and looking up a long driveway, I spotted the front door and window of Mary's room! When I got out there, I turned onto that street, into the driveway and parked my rented black 2010 Charger right were Deke parked the Impala 36 years earlier. It was an awesome rush.

Every other spot I visited repeated that rush... especially when I drove up the driveway of the pool hall, and parked in front of the general store. Another big blast was racing down the winding canyon where the BULLITT chase ended driving that rented black Charger. Just fast enough to get the tires squealing here and there, while keeping the eyes peeled for local PD. It was a GREAT two days I'll never forget. Just wish I'd had a cohort to scare the heck out of!

I plan to do the trip again as soon as I'm able (I live in New Jersey, so it's a HAUL!) as I have twice as many locations nailed down now and want to shoot them all.

Just for giggles, here another DMCL video I did last year- this time an attempt to create a modern variation of the film's trailer. It's a bit rough, but it's still fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZDRan97GUM
John

FastbackJon

Here's an old old old thread of mine discussing many of the filming locations including the Fairview Motor apartments... might have saved you some time?

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,11746.0.html

We're still looking for "NO FISHING FROM BRIDGE" location. I scoured satellite maps of the filming area for hours looking for that bridge with no luck. I came to the conclusion they've since updated the bridge.

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

jwramc

John

FastbackJon

Quote from: jwramc on February 01, 2012, 08:17:10 AM
Yea, I found that one. See the other thread. :)

Nice, yes that looks like it. I searched around quite a bit, but not that far out.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV