News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The saga continues... for now...

Started by Goodz, April 02, 2008, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goodz

So after the constant arguments with the gf about selling / keeping the 71 Charger, we are (for now) keeping it yet again.  tried to sell it, and since everyone wants a bargain, would wind up losing quite a bit of money, so we both decided against it.  I finally got a job and things are looking up for us.  THANK GOD!!!  So anyway, that was the update on me and the car, an here is my question...

The inside of the trunk has the middle piece and its solid, but the sides of the trunk are completely missing.  Is there a piece that can lay on top of that in the trunk to complete the trunkspace?  Or are there sides that can be welded into there that I can do myself?  Please let me know what I can do here.  The better and more complete the car is, the easier it will be to sell (if it comes to that which I hope it wont).
"If there are two ways to interpret something I said, and one of them offends you, I meant the other one."

Back N Black

Do you have any pics? are you talking about the trunk extensions missing or the bottom of the trunk floor?
You can get new trunk extensions and weld them in, as for the trunk floor you can weld in patch pieces or go with a new repo floor.Depend on how much you want to spend.

Goodz

dont want to spend a lot.  already spent more because we got screwed by the original sellers.  long story.

anyway, it seems like it has a solid pan, but is missing the extensions.  you can see the rear tires and the ground when you open up the trunk.  i will take pictures soon.  car is at a garage right now getting worked on, but i will take a visit there soon to take some new photos.  still, any advice you can give based on what i have described would be great.

P.S.  any suggestions on a cheap welder.  i know how to weld, have done it at jobs in the past, but i dont own a welder.  or would a brazer torch be just as good?  never used a brazen torch though.
"If there are two ways to interpret something I said, and one of them offends you, I meant the other one."