News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need help deciding on a new clutch

Started by timinator, August 16, 2008, 06:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timinator

My 68 440 Charger needs a new clutch. The 833 4-speed is the 1"-23 spline 10.5 inch plate. The car puts out around 450 hp. I drive mostly on the street but do need it to hold for the occasional full power launch. What have you guys used with success or had problems with? I'm leaning towards Centerforce Dual Friction right now.

oldschool

the dual friction is a good clutch for that power level.i have used it before and have alot of friends that use them.on mine i had to take the over-center spring out because sometimes the pedel would stick to the floor.
for high power and a heavy car,i use a mc cleod dual disc clutch. :yesnod:
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

oldgold69

i like the center force clutch and plate we put in my kids chevelle . kick it in the butt and you could feel the torque . it seemed like you could pressure plate grab tighter the faster  you revved.  if i did'nt have all new parts  for my 18 spline i would buy a center force.

Chryco Psycho

I have seen a few CF clutches not even last a weekend , they are all about advertising Not Quality
I use McLeod

4406pac

loved the centerforce clutch, recommended it to everybody, BUT after the first couple of years the same thing happened to me as oldschool, it would stick to the floor at high RPM's because the weights would get off center. Buy McCleod