News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wy are young people so stupid?? Part 1 and now part 2 Road Trip stories

Started by C_stripes, March 30, 2008, 12:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_stripes

Part 1.     

I am actually referring to my self and two friends. Last night we were bored. So we decided at 10 PM to drive about thirty miles from here to Preston, ID. So we hoped in my trusty 75 dodge ramcharger and left. Once we got to Preston, we decided to go another 65 miles to Pocatello, ID. This was at around 10:30 PM. Now here it is late March and still really cold plus we are still prone to rain and snow showers. Heres the best part. I have spring fever REAL bad. So being that I have a early ramcharger, the top is off. So we leave on a 200 mile round trip at 10 PM. Luckily we were smart enough to grab a few blankets. By the time we get 35 miles from here. The kid in the back decides he wants to move up front. So we stop at a gas station and buy a hat and a few scratch tickets.   (One friend won $7.00)

So at about 10:30 we are loaded back up in the truck. Now there are three of us in the front. We put a few blankets over us and take off. It was about 30degrees out at this time. Well me being the lead foot that I am, we are cruising at around 70 mph in the middle of no where. There are no cars in site, (I love the open road) As we are driving we pass a dear migration sign. We start joking about dear and just then I see one out of the corner of my eye. I hit the breaks and swerve to miss it. It seemed like slow motion for a few seconds. I see the dear coming right in front of me. I am on the breaks but these ramchargers don't stop like new cars. I went from 70 to about 55 fast and just miss the dear with the front end. As we are passing I hear it hit the door. We were all a little on edge for a few minuets after that and I kept it below 65 for a few minuets.  (we high five'd each other after missing it)

About ten minuets after the dear incident we entered I-15. Now we were doing up words of 80 to 85 mph. It is COLD. There is a wind that puts the temp. down to around 18. We are freezing but still wanting to be in Pocatello. We are only about 40 miles out now.  Its so cold that Mike wants to turn around. Myself and Chase say no. We are to close to the "mythical" prize. So we keep going but stop in McCamon. It is now after 11:15. We grab a drink and use the rest room and are back on our way.

So now we are back on the freeway. It is still really windy. With the wind chill they say it is about 8 degrees. We are cruising at about 80 mph. Well if the cold wasn't bad enough. It starts to rain. So here we are cruising at 80 mph with no roof, wind and rain. What could be more enjoyable than that? So  once we get to Pocatello, we get onto I-86. and head west until we see a Wal-Mart. as we are going to exit, my guages quit working as well as my blinkers. Not the best news. So we pull into the Wal-Mart parking lot and Mike runs in to get a tarp and some duct tape. We were going to make it look like Tommy Boy's GTX. I stay out in the Ramcharger and fix the fuse. Wile I am out there it starts to hail. Me and Chase are freezing. We decide to go to Dennys and eat and wait out the storm for a few minuets. Once Mike gets back. We cruise over to the dennys and park. We take the tarp out and Duct tape it over all the blankets and run in to avoid the Hail and wind. It is now about 12:00 AM.

I will add the adventures return trip tomorrow.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

bull

Youth + testosterone + boredom = trouble. :yesnod:

Brock Samson

:popcrn: in ten years this will be the greatest story ever told..   :lol:

suntech

Hehe! Felt like the thing to do at the moment??? :D :D
Like Brock says, in ten years that is a great story, even if you guys did´nt feel real bright, there you sat in the rain!!!
My rule is that if you get out of it alive, nothing is bad enaugh to not laugh about it later!! Some of the stuff needs more time, before you start laughing, but still!!! :smilielol:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

dkn1997

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 30, 2008, 01:48:02 AM
:popcrn: in ten years this will be the greatest story ever told..   :lol:

Ten years is just enough time to add some embellishment too.  how you picked up 3 horny hitchhikers who just happened to have inverters and electric blankets with them.  how you outran a cop who tried to pull you over.  and of course, the arnold schwartznigger body double that you beat the crap out of at the truck stop.  ahhhh, youth........
RECHRGED

police1

i am sorry but that was the coolest road trip story i have ever heard of!! ive had a few back in the day like taking of on a 5 hour trip to canada and leaving there well after midnight and only going on a couple hours sleep for three days but yours is the greatest!! i think we all misst the days when we could do stuff like that!! :cheers: :cheers:

Magnumcharger

Reminds me of when I was young....and more stupid.
My buddies and I would climb out of the side windows and up onto the roof of his Ramcharger, while it was on the highway.
Then we'd "surf" ontop of the roof, climb onto the hood, and lay face-first over the front end....
Anything for kicks.

Luckily, only a few of us died in the process.

(Just kidding about that last part).
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

HITMAN 149

ahhhhh what is is to be young again!! (ummm i mean also!!! hehehe)
great story & brock is right!!! that wil be a great story to share w/ your buddies in 10-15 yrs!!!! meaningless road trips are the BEST!!!!!!!!!
:2thumbs:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

TruckDriver

Quote from: bull on March 30, 2008, 12:34:30 AM
Youth + testosterone + boredom = trouble. :yesnod:

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 30, 2008, 01:48:02 AM
:popcrn: in ten years this will be the greatest story ever told.. :lol:
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

To more answer your question in one word, immaturity  Everyone goes through it.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

HITMAN 149

ohhhhh you mean we're supposed to get out of it!?!?!?!?  ::)
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

C_stripes

Part 2; The return home.

So its 12:00 AM. We are sitting inside Denny's, It is blowing hard out side and is raining. We order some food and sit there deciding what to do. Mike is talking about getting a motel, so we call a few places and price some rooms. I tell them that we may as well just go home because whats to say that it wont be snowing more when we wake up. So about 1:00 AM, we finely leave. We pull on the the free way and start heading back to I-15. It starts raining pretty good. I am wondering if I made the right decision to keep going We get on to I-15 and go a little ways and pull in to a gas station to get some fuel and check the oil.

Inside the store, Mike and Chase are buying scratch tickets again. Luckily they keep breaking even so they keep  getting more. After I am done filling up the gas in the freezing temp. I join them and buy $5 worth of scratch tickets, I'm not one for playing scratch tickets, I like cards. I also am breaking even. We continue to buy and probably piss off the cashier. After about an hour of waiting out the storm and loosing money. (I spent $5, Chase spent $25 and Mike won $26) We pile back into the ramcharger, bundle up and get out of Dodge.

Its now around 2:00 AM. We are about 90 miles from home and it is still raining and the wind is still blowing. The temp is around 5 with the wind. Chase and Mike cover them self's completely up with blankets. I take my beanie and put a hand warmer in it to try and keep my head warm. My gloves are virtually of no use. My eyes hurt from the cold and the late hour. My nose is literally froze up. Oh ya. only 85 miles to go. So we are cruising. Chase and Mike are now asleep. (Lucky bastards) I am still out in the open freezing my ass off.

Finely its 2:30 AM. We just passed McCamon and only have about 70 miles to go. It quit raining but is still windy. My exit is in about 10 miles then it is all back roads from there. I am not able to go as fast home as I was up due to fatigue, wind and rain. Bad combo. As I am driving I look up, (No roof) and the skies are clear for a few moments. It is so cool to see the stars with no light pollution. It is really clear out at 2:30 in the morning. My exit finely arrives.

As I am going up the exit ramp. Mike says he needs to stop for a second. So I pull over for a minuet. The sky looks amazing, But I can see in the moon light that we are headed into another storm. Mike gets back in and we take off. There is nothing out here for the next 30 miles. There is the small town of Downey, (300 people) and about 20 houses spread out until you get to Preston. Once we hit Downey. It starts raining again. It is so cold. I have not seen another car in the 10 miles I have been on this road. There is nothing here. I started thinking, what if we got in an accident? We would be screwed. Finely a Semi passes. Then nothing for another 5 miles.

Mean wile, we are passing were the dear hit us. (I didn't see a dead dear so I am assuming it got out alive) It has started raining and the wind has finely died down due to us being in between mountains. Only about 40 miles to go. It is now around 3:00 AM. I step it up a little and start cruising around 75 mph. Its only 60 out there. We finely reach Preston, its now just a hop skip and a jump till we are home. My eyes are burning, my face is numb, my nose is frozen and I cant feel my fingers. As we pull out of Preston, about 3:15. It stops raining. I can see the lights of Logan. We are almost home. only 30 miles to go. The last 30 might have been the worst. I was so tired. I didn't feel to good and I was frozen. At about 3:45 we pull into Logan and I drop Mike off to his car. Then Chase and I came back to my Apartment. My head hurt so bad. I was so tired. At about 4:00, I finely went to bed. 

Was it all worth it?  HELL YES!!!     Will I do it again?    Not positive on that one.

If you want, I will tell you a even better road trip story from when I was 19. Me and a friend drove to Idaho Falls and back in this,

Did I mention we were dressed kinda like the blues brothers?

MoParMetal

looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

Chargerguy74

Quote from: C_stripes on March 30, 2008, 02:39:12 PM

If you want, I will tell you a even better road trip story from when I was 19. Me and a friend drove to Idaho Falls and back in this,

No way! And that intake stayed there the whole time?

.....good read, I have a hard on for ramchargers....I own a 79 360 4x4
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

C_stripes

Story number "three hundred".

So this was  a few years ago. I had a 1969 Chrysler 300 2dr. This car was awesome. It had a 440 in it and was green on green on green. I painted part of it black as you can see in the pic above. In HEMI orange. I used a GREEN DAY stencil to paint GREEN DAY above the front wheels and on the trunk lid. Yes I am a huge GREEN DAY fan (The older stuff). 

Me and my friend Darrell decided to go to Idaho Falls for the day to look for cars and just to screw around. The drive up was nothing out of the ordainer other than we were cruising at around 90 to 100 mph the whole way up there.  Once we were up there, We went cruising around and just having fun. I did find a 69 Charger R/T that is not and will not ever be for sale. Anyway, the way home is were it got fun. We decided to do something different.

On our way home we stopped at the local Wal-Mart, we went in and bought some shades and hats as well as button up shirts. we changed and got back on the free way, as we are going down the free way at around 75 mph a few girls are passing us in there power stroke ford (this is the country, Girls love their trucks). As they pass they look over and slow down. Then they take a few pics of us and give us the thumbs up. We kept a straight face until they were gone and then busted out laughing.

A few miles down the road. The same sort of thing happened. Some older people in a mini van with their kids went to pass us. Their kids started looking at us and giving us thumbs up and  their parents also took a few pics. Same thing. We just kept a straight face until they were gone and busted out laughing.

A little ways down the free way, we pass this little red Honda civic getting on the free way. I notice it is full of girls but we kept going. a few minuets later, I hear a Jap cars horn and Me and Darrell look over at their car. One of the girls is bent over hanging out the window showing us her bare underside,  :icon_smile_big: :drool5: :icon_smile_big:    It was awesome. We followed them for about 20 miles then we exited and decided to do some dirt road driving.

We exited in Plymouth, UT and went on some of the back roads. a lot of the roads are dirt. It was fun in a big old C-body to go cruising way to fast on dirt roads. We were going around corners fish tailing, throwing dirt and dust all over.

After a wile we got done doing that and went over the mountain and went home. It was a lot funner than I could ever explain.

I miss that car very much. I have wanted another 69 300 2dr ever since.  If I get one. It will go solid black. 

C_stripes

Quote from: Chargerguy74 on March 30, 2008, 04:16:16 PM
Quote from: C_stripes on March 30, 2008, 02:39:12 PM

No way! And that intake stayed there the whole time?

.....good read, I have a hard on for ramchargers....I own a 79 360 4x4

LOL,  The intake was in the trunk on the ride home.

MoParMetal

looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

TheGhost

Quote from: C_stripes on March 30, 2008, 12:01:37 AMWy are young people so stupid??

Lack of experiance?

Nice stories.  Can't really say I've ever done anything that crazy.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

700jfm

Man good story, road trips are some of the best times I had in my life. And as long as I can turn a key in a  :vert:  or push a start button on a  :mcride:   Well you know the rest.