News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ram Question "Tire Size"

Started by 69bananabeast, March 27, 2008, 12:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bananabeast

my best friend ask me to put this question up on the forum since im sure  some of you have them .  He's got an '05 quad cab and wants to know if he puts 17'' wheels on it will he have any issues?  Thanks for any help

EDIT----edited title & moved to appropriate section

Chris
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

The70RT

If he has 16's now it will throw his speedo off like 4-5 mph. like it did mine.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old Moparz

Speedometer issues yes, but clearance shouldn't be, my neighbor has an '05 with a package that gave him stock 20" wheels & my '04 came with stock 17's.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Mopar440+6

An '05 should have 17's from the factory but I could be mistaken. If he has 16's now he shouldn't have any clearance issues. If he uses the correct tire size it won't throw the speedo off either...
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

472 R/T SE

Your buddy should already be running a 17" or bigger wheel due to the size of the 4 wheel disc brakes.  :shruggy:

Ours is a '03 Sport that came with the 17" wheels.  I put the 20" on for some shine.  The Sports don't have any chrome as it is.  $50 at the local Dodge dealer to change out the gear in the tranny.

Anyone want a set of 17"'s with 13k miles?

69bananabeast

he says he has  20"         he wants to get 17'' wheels with 35''  tall tires 
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

pettyfan43

He's GOT 20s and WANTS 17s?!?!?!

I have NICE wheels on my 04 with michelin tires, If his has good rubber, I'll SWAP with him, just cause I'm a  NICE GUY!!!!!!    :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

69bananabeast

so if he  removes the 20" wheels and replaces them with 17''  and 35'' tall tires  he should only have an issue with the speedometer and  have it re-calibrated?
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318