News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What kind of under carpet insulation do you use?

Started by Mo Power, February 23, 2008, 12:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo Power

Well just wondering what you all have put under your carpet for insulation and also to keep your car a little warmer. Because I just purchased Lytherm 60 by 77inchs to put under mine to insulate it because Competetion and all the other corps are way out of my price range  :icon_smile_dissapprove:.
1973 Charger SE
1972 Roadrunner-1 of 34 power sunroofs                                
          Crazy colors, Wacky decals, and Massive engines
                      That's what Mopars alll about

ACUDANUT

Carpets all come with insulation sewn in, even my 110.00 Carpet from Hardens !!

Mo Power

Well I was wondering if anybody puts other insulation down other then what comes with the carpet itself.
1973 Charger SE

Troy

I know a lot of street rod guys who use "heat shield" type insulation. It looks a bit like bubble wrap but has a silver lining. It's not very expensive and is easy to trim to fit behind most panels and headliners. There are lots of other products but they get pricey.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Sixt8Chrgr

Dyno mat works really well to protect against heat and noise, but it is pricey.

I am repainting an original 36K mile Z28. In the process removed thee entire interior and will reuse the insulation that came with the car. It is like a thick mallable jute with a cardboard type top surface. Nothing really special. Anything with a little cushion should work.

Mo Power

Well do all your new carpet just come with this kind of insulation. Also does most carpet come pre molded to be ready to fit on transmission tunnel because mine looks to formed to already.
1973 Charger SE

troy.70R/T

I just bought some under carpet padding at my local carpet store one person at the store called it synthetic horse hair, and another guy at the store reffered to it as FX padding. it was 3/8 inch thick that was as thick as they had. the first person said it was 5.99 a yard. when i went back a week later the other guy told me it was 3.49 a yard so i bought it it came in a 6 foot wide rool. just go to your local carpet store and ask to see all their padding. lowes, menards, and home depot didnt have it so try the smaller family owned store. It looks exactly like the stuff that is on the botttom of my carpet already.

4aThrill

www.fatmat.com has a deal going on right now if you buy in bulk 50sqft for 79.99 w/s 100 sqft 129.99 w/s  Fatmat has been proven better than Dynomat.  :Twocents: