News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interesting... Challenger T/A with a 488 Six Pack engine

Started by bull, March 04, 2008, 11:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Alaskan_TA

It looks like the one done by a CO. school teacher. If so, he removed all the VIN numbers from the car and moved them to one with less rust.

Totally illegal of course.

Barry

Alaskan_TA

What was left of the original T/A. Note that the cowl number was cut out and the radiator support with number is missing;

Alaskan_TA

Look close here, you can see the original radiator support has been welded into an orange "donor" car.

Alaskan_TA

bull

What I don't get about these rebody deals is why someone doing it would document everything so carefully. When smart people are trying to do somthing wrong they don't go around taking pictures of their activities and posting them on the internet. It reminds me of those idiots who film themselves stealing or tearing stuff up and then put it on youtube.

Ryan

maybe he docuiments it becuase he is honest and doesnt have plans on selling it without telling buyers its a rebody  :Twocents:
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

bull

Quote from: Ryan on March 06, 2008, 11:18:39 PM
maybe he docuiments it becuase he is honest and doesnt have plans on selling it without telling buyers its a rebody  :Twocents:

I don't think that makes it ok. It's like someone saying they stole the jewels to keep and enjoy, not to sell for profit. Are they any less of a jewell thief?

And who's to say the next owner will be so honest? What if the next guy pulls the Viper engine, installs a 340 six pack and paints it all black? I have a friend who milled the pad on a 440 to make a numbers-matching engine for his Cuda. He told the person he sold it to that he did that but will that guy do the same? If so will the guy he sells it to do the same too? The intention of the owner has nothing to do with the legality of a rebody.

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: Ryan on March 06, 2008, 11:18:39 PM

He already did sell it without infoming the buyer.

I told him it was illegal, he did it anyway.

I have a very thick file on this car, including copies of emails from the quilty party with his admission.

Barry

FastbackJon

At least we have Barry. Thanks for keeping an eye on this stuff man!
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

bull

Well, I didn't anticipate this being a can 'o worms. Never know what you're going to unearth while farting around on youtube I guess.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on March 06, 2008, 10:35:57 PM
What was left of the original T/A. Note that the cowl number was cut out and the radiator support with number is missing;

:rotz: :rotz:

I'll tag it on my thing. :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic