News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

First gen worth checking out? UPDATE: pictures, and it's a satellite

Started by terrible one, February 22, 2008, 12:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

Alright, here they are. And don't think that it's full of rot just because the back end is resting on the ground! The guy said that it's only been there 4 months, and that he had taken the wheels off to stick on something else  :P. How do you like the goofy decal on the windsheild?? Anyways, the 318 doesn't look incomplete. . . wondering what it'd take for it to run. :nana: The guy said it sat next to an oak tree when he got it and that's what's up with all the shit on the driver's side of it. I'll bet that it would clean up alright. . . like I said, it would probably take $600, $675 most to get it. . .

terrible one

He said the vent window had been busted out by someone a month or so ago.  :flame:

terrible one

Hmmm. . . I think that U1 on the fender tag means that the car was ordered, and then premium trim grade, vinyl buckets, two tone white on black interior, white on white paint. . .? I'm not very good at decoding tags. I should have looked for the build sheet. . .

terrible one

Okay, codes. . .

2.94 8 3/4" rear
230HP 318-2bbl
904 or 727 automatic transmission
7.35 X 14 white wall 2-4 steel belt tires
white top, white body color

Haha that's about all I can do!

Red Ram

Probably a beautiful car when it was new....but...I say pass. Too far gone.
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

Ghoste

It's a 67 btw, but I'm with Red Ram, unless you get it dirt cheap and can clean it up really well I don't think buying it to flip will be all that easy.  It isn't worthless but you're going to have to make it really presentable and then find that right person who wants it.

twenty mike mike

:iagree:

That's just a money pit. If you want cash flow, that ain't the solution.  :Twocents:

73ChargerSE

You never know with cars. I sold a '66 Coronet a couple of summers ago that I paid $300 for.  Ended up selling it for $2,700.  If you could clean it up and get it running/driving for cheap, it may be worth it. Just my  :Twocents:

BTW: Here's the car. Wasn't in the greatest of shape.

Charger1973

terrible one

Personally, right now, I think that if I got it running and driving, cleaned it up really nice and got as much stuff working as I could, then get it painted all the same color, I could make money off of it. But I'm not looking for something to put any money into, period. Oh well, the lead on the two Chargers is cooler anyways! Just for kicks, what should I offer the guy? What would you guys consider "dirt cheap?" Or if anyone else is TRUELY interested in the car, I can give them contact info for the guy.

BigBlackDodge

Ooooooooooooo......I'm envisioning a Petty paint scheme on that Plymouth! :icon_smile_cool:

BBD

73ChargerSE

You might get lucky,  the motor may run.  That's what happened with my Coronet.  The only thing it needed was a starter, at ran really strong after that.  I had about 500-600 total in the car including the purchase price.  It was a solid car, but had the floor pans rotted out.  Just have to have the right person buying it.