News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird wing

Started by Moparless, February 27, 2008, 02:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparless

I saw a Superbird , with a rear wing that has no bolt on the side pillar ,to fix the top cross bar , are there two types of rear wing???

oldcarnut

Although I'm a little new at the Superbirds and soon to be building a clone, I haven't ever heard about there being a couple types.  Most likely it was an aftermarket one piece wing.   David

TomP

There are original wings, homebuilt wings and reproduction wings of many types.  I would bet you saw some kind of reproduction fiberglass wing that is all one piece, rather than 3 like the originals and better reproductions.
'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?

Moparless

Thanks for your comments , this wing is Aluminum  and 3 parts , just no bolt in the top ??

moparstuart

Quote from: Moparless on February 27, 2008, 01:14:01 PM
Thanks for your comments , this wing is Aluminum  and 3 parts , just no bolt in the top ??
how does it stay together ?  welded ? 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

62 Max

Quote from: moparstuart on February 27, 2008, 01:22:05 PM

Your answer!

moparstuart

Quote from: 62 Max on February 27, 2008, 04:19:00 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on February 27, 2008, 01:22:05 PM

Your answer!
that stuffs great I use it all the time
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

UFO

Duct tape?   It will blend in quite nicely if there's no paint on it.

daytonalo

Maybe some Jackass threw Body filler over bolt ????????

BigBlockSam

QuoteDuct tape? 

:yesnod: thats my vote .  :scratchchin:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Moparless

I am looking to buy this car , and the owner has always thought the same ,( Filler over the bolt )
so I will take a closer look next time I view the car.

Thanks for your comments .