News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

console

Started by poppa, February 16, 2008, 06:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

Does anyone repair consoles? I need an estimate for shipping damage. Decent one piece console now a three  piece unit. :flame: :brickwall:
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

JimShine

Everything for the console is reproduced. The plastic body is not that expensive and new plastic is far less fragile than the 40 year old sunbaked originals. My guess is that a new one will cost less than having someone glue together and conceal the damage to an old one.

Ghoste

I don't know of anyone repairing them, they may have to spring for a new reproduction one for you and I think they are running around 325?

JimShine

They run in the $250 ballpark brand new. I think I scored the repro I bought on sale for $199.

poppa

thanks guys. what about the chrome trim?

Ghoste

I know some of it is reproduced, I don't know about all of it.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

poppa

Nice looking parts at BEA , I didn't see any chrome trim pieces. The ones on the sides,above carpet .

troy.70R/T

i have repared some of mine with bumper epoxy go to your local automotive paint store and ask for bumper repair epoxy. the kind I use is made by SEM scuff the back side of the cosole with corase (60 grit ) sand paper then clean with a rubbing alchole and NEW tooth brush. the important thing is to cut a piece of plastic or sheet metal to put over the crack on the back also. When repaing a crack i also use a dremel and grind down into the crack about halfway all the way along the crack. also grind this a little farther than where the crack ends. about 1/2 inch. this adds alot more strenght to the fix. Drilling a hole at the end of a crack before you repair it is the best way to keep it from spreading. but if you can see it from the other side you will not be able to do this.

Troy

Quote from: poppa on February 16, 2008, 08:08:19 PM
Nice looking parts at BEA , I didn't see any chrome trim pieces. The ones on the sides,above carpet .
Metro Parts also has them now.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.