News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What can be done about BATS??

Started by Charger-Bodie, February 26, 2008, 10:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Just like it says , what can be done about the occasional bat in a house??
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Tilar

Throw a towel on them and get them on the floor. Once they are on the floor they cant take off and fly. Bats have to drop to start flying.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Tilar on February 26, 2008, 11:01:47 PM
Throw a towel on them and get them on the floor. Once they are on the floor they cant take off and fly. Bats have to drop to start flying.

Ya, Ive managed to get rid of them each time. im just wondering can they be exterminated or bombed or??
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Tilar

Oh I dont know that one.  :shruggy:  I thought it might have been just one.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Tilar on February 26, 2008, 11:08:35 PM
Oh I dont know that one.  :shruggy:  I thought it might have been just one.

Well thanks for trying but , weve had 3 in 3 years.  :brickwall:

Charger1973

Heh, that reminds me about the bat I had in my bedroom a couple months ago.  I had just fallen asleep and my girlfriend woke me up freaking out saying there was a bird in the room.  I looked up and could barely make out something flying really fast back and forth and coming within inches of my head each time.    So I quickly ducked under the blanket and thought for a minute.  I told the girlfriend to stay under there and I jumped out of bed and sprinted to the kitchen (in my b-day suit).  Came back to play war with the bat.  I smacked him out of the air with a broom and pinned him down with a shovel while she scooped him up in a towel and threw him out the door.  Jeez I wish I had that on video. 

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: 1hot68 on February 26, 2008, 10:58:52 PM
Find a baseball and  be carefull not to brake any windows.  ;D

skip68

Quote from: 1hot68 on February 26, 2008, 11:03:42 PM

Ya, Ive managed to get rid of them each time. im just wondering can they be exterminated or bombed or??

Depending on where you live, some species of bats are protected by law! They eat tons of those nasty moths that would otherwise end up on your Mopar!  :yesnod:  Bats are actually quite a beneficial part of our ecosystem! :2thumbs: And their kinda cute too! IMOP! ;D Check tomorrow with you local county chapter to find out what type of Bats tend to reside in your area, and what you can do to try to REPEL them. ;D If they find a nest, ...chances are they can relocate it! (Animal Control)  :Twocents:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on February 26, 2008, 11:18:57 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on February 26, 2008, 10:58:52 PM

Find a baseball and  be carefull not to brake any windows.  ;D

Good one Paul!  :cheers:

71ChallengeHer

They might taste like chicken. But not very meaty. :nana:

bull

Quote from: skip68 on February 26, 2008, 11:19:13 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on February 26, 2008, 11:03:42 PM

Depending on where you live, some species of bats are protected by law! They eat tons of those nasty moths that would otherwise end up on your Mopar!  :yesnod:  Bats are actually quite a beneficial part of our ecosystem! :2thumbs: And their kinda cute too! IMOP! ;D Check tomorrow with you local county chapter to find out what type of Bats tend to reside in your area, and what you can do to try to REPEL them. ;D If they find a nest, ...chances are they can relocate it! (Animal Control)  :Twocents:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

This is all true unless they are in your house, then all bets are off. I wouldn't want to share a bedroom with an eagle or a polar bear either.

Brian, the only way to prevent them from coming in is to close off all access holes. They are getting in somehow and you've got to figure out how.

rusty lee

we have a family of bats livining in our eves. they get in every now and then but the wife's cat takes care of them. you could buy a bat box and hang it on a tree or the neighbors house maybe they would move into the box.  :Twocents:

speedfreak68

we had some of them in our church and we bought a couple bat houses  and put them up outside since then we haven't had any problems.

bull

As long as they don't get into your belfry you're ok.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

chgr500

Bat house?  isn't that part of your problem....think ya need a bat cave ... :icon_smile_big:

skip68

Quote from: chgr500 on February 27, 2008, 12:25:40 AM
Bat house?  isn't that part of your problem....think ya need a bat cave ... :icon_smile_big:

OH WOW! PERFECT EXCUSE TO BREAK OUT YOU'RE  "SPANDEX-SUIT & CAPE"  :nana: AND TELL THE WIFE YOU NEED TO BUY ANOTHER CAR TO BUILD...................................YOUR OWN PERSONAL,............ BAT MOBILE!!!!!! :2thumbs: :D :smilielol: :rofl:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: skip68 on February 27, 2008, 12:40:37 AM

OH WOW! PERFECT EXCUSE TO BREAK OUT YOU'RE  "SPANDEX-SUIT & CAPE"  :nana: AND TELL THE WIFE YOU NEED TO BUY ANOTHER CAR TO BUILD...................................YOUR OWN PERSONAL,............ BAT MOBILE!!!!!! :2thumbs: :D :smilielol: :rofl:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
She's on a roll, tonight. :haha: :haha: :haha:

skip68

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on February 27, 2008, 12:46:59 AM
Quote from: skip68 on February 27, 2008, 12:40:37 AM

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
She's on a roll, tonight. :haha: :haha: :haha:

"Thank you very little!" hehahaha! Mrs.Skip68 ;)

Nacho-RT74

call to commissioner Gordon!

jokes appart. There is a myth about on the country fields houses, on the colony times, PPl had a mirror ball what keeped away the bats from the houses. The fact is you could find those balls hangin on colony houses, what dunno is if they really worked :shruggy:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html